Looking for driver quality T type in the PNW.

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
FNG here.:D

I'm looking for a good driver quality car. I'm located in Portland but would consider a car in California or Arizona.

Thanks
~JM~

I'm from California but bought both of my GN's in Portland. Both of the prevoius owners had trouble selling thier cars locally, due to lack of buyers. TB's sell like hotcakes here in the Bay Area, CA. All of the Arizona TB's I have seen for sale were overpriced. Best of luck with your search. Oregon may be your most likely chance to get a nice TB, since the market seems to be much smaller there.

I just missed out on a hot air car for a good price. That's how I found this board.

Sellers... Is there a reason the location of the car is usually left out of the ad?

JM,
I'm a Portland Buick guy. I have a GN and a Skylark. I'm also looking for another turbo Buick but just a parts car to do a conversion with. I have a few contacts locally, one I know of who wants to sell his GN due to divorce.:frown: Maybe if we put our heads together we can both fine something.

Also I've been on this board for a couple years now and I've yet to figure out what "ttt" means.:confused:

ttt means "to the top"..

Right now, I'm trying to buy a Type T from a man near LA but he has someone coming to look at it this weekend.. So hopefully they pass so I can get it once my taxes come back..

Hi how much money can you spend??
I have clean,clean turbo-t 68k california car 550hp sleeper.
look me up in cars for sale Rafael vasquez

JM,
Is that you on Portland craigslist too? You should come to the swap meet next weekend. Probably no turbo Buicks there but its the biggest swap meet west of the Mississippi. If you've never been, you'll enjoy.

JM,
Is that you on Portland craigslist too? You should come to the swap meet next weekend. Probably no turbo Buicks there but its the biggest swap meet west of the Mississippi. If you've never been, you'll enjoy.

That's me.

I've actually been to that swap meet twice. Once in 2002 and then last year.
My feet were killing me after last years attempt at trying to see all I could. :eek: I've never managed to see more than about 2/3's so far. I hadn't really planned to go this year.

So tell me something... What's it like to live with one of these '86 or '87 T types on a daily driver basis? Are they a high maintenance/high cost vehicle for a DD?

I was planning on an LS swap into my '78 Malibu for my DD & then this T type bug bit me. ;) What do you guys think would make a better DD & road car?

Thanks
~JM~

Sorry thought you would read my post:(
Ok all new 550 HP show quality 19k:biggrin:

I went & checked it out.

As I suspected... It's a real beauty!

That car is far too nice for what I want. The Northwest is not kind to daily drivers. Nowhere near as bad as snow, ice & salt country. But it's still hard to keep a car nice out here unless it lives inside for 6 to 8 months out of the year.

I noticed mention of the Bates Nut Farm. Is that above Escondido?

And please tell me what this part is in your description "New PT-61 Turdo" :biggrin:

I thought it was a typo but I see it spelled the same twice.

Thanks

I went & checked it out.

As I suspected... It's a real beauty!

That car is far too nice for what I want. The Northwest is not kind to daily drivers. Nowhere near as bad as snow, ice & salt country. But it's still hard to keep a car nice out here unless it lives inside for 6 to 8 months out of the year.

I noticed mention of the Bates Nut Farm. Is that above Escondido?

And please tell me what this part is in your description "New PT-61 Turdo" :biggrin:

I thought it was a typo but I see it spelled the same twice.

Thanks

Hi,, ok you cought me I can spell,,, much worse I can't tell you what's in my car i'm just a check wrighter sorry,,:redface:
But I will tell you S#%t is fast and runs perfect 480 rear wheel HP no B/S
have lots of money in it total SLEEPER:biggrin:
Call me if you have questions 714 457-6839 Rafael thanx

ha ha ha i just got it i spelled turdo insted of TURBO haha nice i can't spell my driving is even worse.

I thought that's what you meant. :D

Nothing wrong with being a check writer. Might as well use your talents the best way you can to make $$$. Performance shops need more check writers.

Do you think you could answer my questions above about living with these cars?

Still like to know about the Nut Farm also.:biggrin:

Thanks
~JM~

I thought so.. I used to live in that area many years ago.

We used to go shooting out that way. I'll bet there's none of that anymore.

I recall the sign saying "Bates Brothers Nut Farm". I could be wrong about the Bro's part. That sign always cracked me up & made me think of Norman.

Good motorcycle riding out that way also.

I linked this to the Bay Area guys but this is around your way. Sounds like it may have a salvage title from a crash but you can't beat the price.

1986 Buick T-Type turbo, 94k original miles

1986 Buick T-Type turbo, 94k original miles - $3500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-03-31, 6:29AM PDT

great shape, low miles, all original except for CD player and new flowmaster. tires are in great shape. very fast, gets good mileage but title is marked from body damage only that was fixed.

503-969-1960
503-799-0666

Attachments

• 86 T-type.jpg
    86 T-type.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 86 T-type2.jpg
    86 T-type2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 86 T-type3.jpg
    86 T-type3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 327