Looking for best site for Bowling Green NATS

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
The heading says it all. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking for general info on the event, parking, dining, accomodations and perhaps local camping since I may pull down my 23' trailer instead of being gouged on a hotel room

Thanks all!

go to buickgsca.com and that has it all. You may have to register but it only takes a minute.

There's a big camping site right near the track. I'll call them today and post the phone number. I'd post it now but I'm not sure it's the right one. My Dad is bringing a 35' fifth wheel trailer and I know they had campsites for it. Tim

Basically everywhere in Bowling green is hopping during the NATs. Main location for motels & dining & hanging out is anywhere on scottsville road near interstate 65 area. Also sometime there might be something going on at the Corvette museum, but thats 3 or 4 miles away from the main area. Motel prices aren't that bad ( I live in a tourist town & am used to much worse ) but they are likely all booked up by now. There is a big camp ground right beside the track. Have fun !! Ron Cavanagh buickron@aol.com

I am registered but I cant seem to get into the buickGCSA.com forum. So I will ask my questions here.

I was told there was a nearby camp site. Is this going to be filled when I get there? I really dont want to sleep in the buick in a parking lot.

It seems to be that the track is separate from the show grounds. How close are they? Also what is the actual address of where I have to pay dues and admission?

I am leaving wednesday after work and driving all night. I probibly should clear these things up before the trip....:D

Track, show grounds and campgrounds are at same location at Beach Bend Raceway. Track is north of town. Mapquest website could provide a map.
I would not know if any campground space would still be available. From the track you can see the travel trailers and motor homes, their close (100 yds or so from the end of the track). If you get there soon enough, you might even be able to pitch a tent along the river right at the track if thats your preference. Hotels will probably be booked except for cancelations, as they usually are. Its a hit and miss. I personally have reservations at the Marriot that I'm going to have to cancel, as I will have to miss the Nationals after all. :(

Originally posted by G McCall
Track, show grounds and campgrounds are at same location at Beach Bend Raceway. Track is north of town. Mapquest website could provide a map.
I would not know if any campground space would still be available. :(
There are still many sites available and I just spoke to them a couple days ago...phone is 270-781-7634
They said campsites for this event do not sell out.
Here is a pic of the raceway and camping nearby:
Beech Bend Raceway
Here is the camping website:
Beech Bend Campground

Thanks Tim.

FYI, I just called and there are still sites available. Hopefully I wont be sleeping in a mud puddle.;)

Originally posted by UrbsNSpices
Thanks Tim.

FYI, I just called and there are still sites available. Hopefully I wont be sleeping in a mud puddle.;)
My parents are camping there in a 35' Sportsman fifth-wheel (has the motorcycle garage on back), pulled by a tan crew cab Dodge Deisel non-dually truck. I'll probally be eating some meals and hanging out there. Stop by and say Hi.

Tim Roark