Looking for bearing

BIGJOE

hey guys the top bearing on the steering column the one that goes under the lockplate spring cracked onme but i cant seem to find any on buick grand national parts sites, anyone know a good replacement or where to get one appreciate it.

I don't know where to find one.

You could try looking for the bearing based on its dimensions or numbers on the bearing. Sometimes a local bearing store (there aren't many of them around me) can help. Or try a site like bearingsdirect.com.

I wonder if the bearing is the same in other GM steering columns?

Maybe you have thought of these things already.

Paul Lohr

Did you try the dealer.I think all the tilt columns had the same bearing
I just remembered go to steeringcolumnservices.com they will have it

thanks guys i appreicate that, for both your websites i would have loved that steeerintg column website a few days ago when i was looking for some parts. i didnt think a bearing would run 40 bux thats a bit steep maybe. plus it doesnt look like the one i pulled from my steering column..hmmm

How about junk yard? any G-body should do right? Can't imagine more than $5 and grab a couple and while there you can putter around (some people like to go to the movies or musuem, I'll take the junk yard). The less exciting way is to pull the number from the bearing and find on the internet, I've done that on trailer wheel bearings before.

yeah not a bad idea joeld im currently in england not a whole lot of gm's in the junkyards over here or i would have already been there. heh

Understood Big Joe. I was in and out of london a half dozen or so times last year. I love London, now sure where you are? I've been to Rugby, liked it there too. Great people in England.
Joel