Looking for another hot air

Very Nice!

thanks! It will be my daily driver. Everybodys taking bets on how soon it'll get stolen. lol
but this is the only way I think I'll be able to get it out of my system. I'm just to much of a sissy with my 2 gn's being their so nice a shape, I only drive them when the sky and roads are clear. I'm just crazy about these cars. I give it a 5 on scale of 10 for its condition, but its solid. I can't wait to get a picture of all three together.

Unfortunetly, rearends gotta come out tommorow. :frown:

Man that sucks. I really like that color too!

87 GN: te60, hooker cat back, 3"dp,009's, DIY alky, etc. SOLD
84 t type: ta33, poston 107, ported heads etc etc. SOLD

Here is an important community question.
Looks like you had an opportunity to evaluate/enjoy both a HA and IC's car.
Why a HA and not an IC'd car? :confused:

I have both, and just bought another ic'ed car, but wouldn't have thought twice about buying another hot air if the price was right. Which is my guess for blueta (before he replys) :D Really, what are the differances other than the induction, turbo and exhaust system? All the little pidly stuff doesn't amount to anything imo being its so easy to convert back and forth, like wheels, grill, etc. Its also fairly easy to do ecm, ignition, rad/fan, etc... conversions. I don't see why it'd be to hard to even switch to the single belt and acc setup on the hotair. Alky for hot airs is available, so is aftermarket turbos, headers, (selection might be small), but nevertheless... And, you can port the intake, throttlebody, etc. The only big hangup at this point in time I would think is a good aftermarket performance minded downpipe.
Everything else, interior, body, tranny (basically), rearend,... is the same, except for... price, right? A hot air and Ic'd car side by side in the same shape engine and body wise, and the hot air will be cheaper, right? Thats what I've noticed at least. I don't see why a hot air would be any lessdependable from a daily driver stand point. (Just maybe a little more of a pita if you need to do work on the pass side header)
I had a long talk with 6sense last night, and he had a really good point I think. Most hot air owners, like ic'd owners aren't really into the whole performance determination state of mind. How many of the turbobuicks ever actually make it to the track? A well maintained stock or slightly modified turbobuick, be it hot air or intercooled, can still have enough performance and kick to it to make the owner more than happy.
Lee Thompsons car was in the 10's. Holy Freak! that is scary fast. Even a 11 or 12 second car is really damn fast. To my understanding, alot of the hot air guys who used to frequent here that where really putting their minds to metal and coming up with some serious times at the track, have moved on, or moved out
Crap, here comes meboss, i'll finis later

Well that's pretty much the jist of it. I had the hot air first. I didn't know much about the turbo buick world before that. So I got this car, it had a small cam, ported heads/intake, dp, 2800 stall, adjfpr, electric fan and a hypertech chip. That's pretty much it if i remember correctly. The car was running 15psi and it wasn't really all that fast to me. I had just recently sold a 95 trans am with a blower, heads, cam and all that crap so I guess it was all relevant. Anyway, I wasn't too happy with the performance so I got a ta33, new chip, poston passenger side header and a 307 pump. Threw all that stuff on and I was starting to learn to tune and (should have been tuning before the mods apparently ;) and no matter what I did it would never lean out. Winds up I had a bad coil where 2 posts weren't firing. So I swapped it to an ic coil and the car just died. Put the old coil back on and still nothing. So I got frustrated and sold the car :frown: A couple years later I found a decent 87 gn which I bought. That car was quick with 16psi! It had a te60, chip, 009's, 3" dp, hooker cat back. I got into tuning and made myself a DIY alky kit. I finally got it running right with 24-25psi and no knock at all. That thing was awesome at the time. So after I was a dumb ass and sold that car too I realized soon that I wanted another TR. Thing is I paid $1500 more for the intercooled car which had TERRIBLE paint, and basically only seats for the interior. Oh, and the thing barely ran when I got it too. Winds up it had a stock chip w/009's. Sure the IC'd cars would be easier/possibly cheaper to get faster with their bigger aftermarket, but #1 I don't have that much $$ (or trade if you look at it that way) up front to get a nice looking one. #2 I like to take a car that isn't that fast and make it a LOT faster. #3 It's really not that hard (like stated above) to swap over to an intercooled setup or make my own IF I ever felt the need to (at least for me anyway). Not saying I would go that route either, just making a point. #4 I really want to see how well I could tune a hot air and get it running right this time to redeem myself :) So there you have it. Doesn't matter the year to me, I can work with any of those (well not carbed...I'm sure I would have a hell of a time working on a carbed turbo engine lol ).

Well that's pretty much the jist of it. I had the hot air first. I didn't know much about the turbo buick world before that. So I got this car, it had a small cam, ported heads/intake, dp, 2800 stall, adjfpr, electric fan and a hypertech chip. That's pretty much it if i remember correctly. The car was running 15psi and it wasn't really all that fast to me. I had just recently sold a 95 trans am with a blower, heads, cam and all that crap so I guess it was all relevant. Anyway, I wasn't too happy with the performance so I got a ta33, new chip, poston passenger side header and a 307 pump. Threw all that stuff on and I was starting to learn to tune and (should have been tuning before the mods apparently ;) and no matter what I did it would never lean out. Winds up I had a bad coil where 2 posts weren't firing. So I swapped it to an ic coil and the car just died. Put the old coil back on and still nothing. So I got frustrated and sold the car :frown: A couple years later I found a decent 87 gn which I bought. That car was quick with 16psi! It had a te60, chip, 009's, 3" dp, hooker cat back. I got into tuning and made myself a DIY alky kit. I finally got it running right with 24-25psi and no knock at all. That thing was awesome at the time. So after I was a dumb ass and sold that car too I realized soon that I wanted another TR. Thing is I paid $1500 more for the intercooled car which had TERRIBLE paint, and basically only seats for the interior. Oh, and the thing barely ran when I got it too. Winds up it had a stock chip w/009's. Sure the IC'd cars would be easier/possibly cheaper to get faster with their bigger aftermarket, but #1 I don't have that much $$ (or trade if you look at it that way) up front to get a nice looking one. #2 I like to take a car that isn't that fast and make it a LOT faster. #3 It's really not that hard (like stated above) to swap over to an intercooled setup or make my own IF I ever felt the need to (at least for me anyway). Not saying I would go that route either, just making a point. #4 I really want to see how well I could tune a hot air and get it running right this time to redeem myself :) So there you have it. Doesn't matter the year to me, I can work with any of those (well not carbed...I'm sure I would have a hell of a time working on a carbed turbo engine lol ).

I think it as all about the personal challenge of seeing the project through:
The “underdog platform” that can challenge a bigger dog and fight a GREAT and successful fight, after all the blood, sweat and tears have been determinately, innovatively and successfully put together in one package, than proving the critics to be wrong, and, turn around and handing some their pants. It is the true essence that separates the “Man” from the “Boys”, the “fight inside the dog”.

He actually pm'd me but wants a $$ deal only. I still have my formula and it's not the best time to be selling one. I didn't even get any bites! That's why I was hoping for a trade, but looks like I will probably have to sell it first (which kinda sucks since I won't have a car to drive till I get another one). I'll keep trying both ways though. Thanks for looking out for me jerry!

84T-type

I have a 1984 T-type with 51K miles and is for sale. I am currently putting in new polyurethane suspension bushings. The body is straight and rust free, it does need paint though due to the clear coat cracking. The interior is factory fresh. The colors are: Exterior - Light briar brown metallic, Interior - Dark brown velvet. I have had the car for 14 years and purchased it from a used car lot in 1993 with 33K. It did sit in storage on blocks from 1997 - 2001 and has not been driven or tagged since 1997. I will send pics upon request.