Looking for advise on subwoofer box for GN

hey guys

I have a pioneer DVD in dash player thats 5-1 surround. whats the best way to centrally located the center driver in a buick.

Also i have concert sound to should i hook-up the 3.5's and the 5 1/4 door speakers on the same channel or should i just unhook the 3.5's and just use the 5 1/4 in the door and then install my center channel.

I have a small box with a single 10 inch pioneer with a sony explode 1000 watt amp that test @ 450 watts RMS.

Those are some pretty cool setups. If i werent so darn lazy, i would build a box to sit up there under the 4x10's. I just built the box i have from the specs given with the sub. Im running a 12" alpine type x on a Rockford bd1000. Sounds amazing! Need some dynomat though. Unfortunately, the trunk is limited to what can go in there. I have my amp rack sitting under the 4x10's.

Maybe this will give you some ideas......... 12" sub

dsc01319cx8.jpg

My WE4............

That's pretty hot!

Just to bring this one back to the top....

Finally got what I wanted for a sub box! Well thanks to Taylor and Jon Carr I have one bad a$$ sexy sub box in my GN now. Jon's friend Taylor is a carpenter and can custom make anything! If anyone wants one of these made contact Jon Carr. His board name is carr or find him here.. Turbobuicks.net Forums - View Profile: carr. I could not be more happy how this came out. I wanted something neat and clean that looked sharp and that's what I got. I have Kirban's trunk kit in the GN so I contacted the guy who supply's the carpet for Dennis and got a roll of it.

I'm using 2) JL AUDIO 10W3v3-4 10" W3v3 4-Ohm SUB WOOFERS and a ALPINE PDX-1.1000 AMPLIFIER. I didn't hook it up yet as I have more wires to run to it but it should slam pretty damn hard. I see a new head unit in the future for me! :) I hardly play the radio when I'm in the GN because I love to listen to the exhaust so much but when I do play it I want it to sound good! Oh and of course I had to add my personal touch embroidery to it :D Tell me what you think....

3047271396_cd79669896_b.jpg

3047264616_2a256d2922_b.jpg

3046430451_d3a37be2d9_b.jpg

3047267964_15a7f3020e_b.jpg

Looks great............ where are you going to put the amp?

Oh, and how much air space per sub? Its a sealed enclosure I assume..........

Here is my GN......... the Fosgate T1 10" likes a lot of air space..........

Attachments

• DSC00898.jpg
    DSC00898.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 398
Looks great............ where are you going to put the amp?

Oh, and how much air space per sub? Its a sealed enclosure I assume..........

Well what I did was took the specs for the speaker and built the enclosure to the specs they send with the speaker. It's basically 2 boxes back there with enough space in the middle for the amps. Then the front piece was mounted. I'm going to make sure I don't run into any heat issues with the Alpine first. I hear great things about the amp but it tends to run hot. Not like this car is my daily driver or anything. Next time I pull the box out I'll take some shots of just the box.

Not looking to rock the world just wanted something nice, clean, and neat that adds a nice little punch going down the road. :cool:

Looks great man........... but Id be a little concerned w/ heat issues having the amps enclosed back there........... maybe a couple of fans to help circulate some air. The Fosgate amps I run are notorious for running hot too.......thats why I have them out in the open. Just thinking aloud........... once again looks great!