Looking for advice on next upgrade...

LT1ThirdGen

Looking for people's thoughts on my next upgrade. Car sits as follows:

87 GN, 60k, TE-44, 3" downpipe, 3" dump, TT 5.7 chip, Scanmaster 2.1, 009 injectors, K&N filter, hotwired fuel pump, AFPR

Car runs excellent right now. No issues to my knowledge. Solid idle, good throttle response, no hesitation. No tuning has been done to the chip- it is exactly as sent from Eric.

Scanmaster will, on rare occasions, show 0.2-0.4 of KR when I'm really on it. All sensors are set and reading within established parameters. Turbo is set right around 14-15 pounds of boost and I'm running pump gas 93.

Car is a garage kept weekend toy and show car. My goal is to have a reliable low-11 second street car on pump gas that has decent manners. I'm not, at this time, interested in tearing into the motor. Just really looking at bolt-ons and tuning options. Mainly at-home projects, as competent speed shops are few and far between down here, and people who know about these cars at all are in very short supply in my area. My car is one of five GN/TRs that I know of within 200 miles. Most people see it as just a shiny black Regal.

I was leaning toward an alky kit, but wanted to get some input from people who have been through all this before. Cost isn't a concern, but I am, like everyone else, looking for bang-for-the-buck options that I can build upon to get to my goal.

Pros and cons of each upgrade and discussion is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alky for sure there is a huge difference between 15lbs of boost and 20-25lbs .

I'll second Alky and turning up the boost but will also add your trans will then be on borrowed time, if its still completely stock.

Thank you for all the responses. It seems like the overwhelming opinion is definitely an alky kit. I was thinking the Razor one, unless anyone has any other names that they would like to put into consideration.

626GN... Would now be the time to look into a converter and adding something to the transmission, or should I just wait until the trans eats itself and do both at the same time?

Hensleyt... "nick" neck like dutt neck? I thought about just eventually going to a stretched SLIC. I think it's too hot down here (Mississippi) to use a front mount.

Razors kit is the only way to go . A converter will also be a great aswell. I would go with a 3200 lockup would be a good choice . I personally am running a edge racing converter. They are not nearly as expensive as others and they have performed excellent for me .

Looking for people's thoughts on my next upgrade. Car sits as follows:

87 GN, 60k, TE-44, 3" downpipe, 3" dump, TT 5.7 chip, Scanmaster 2.1, 009 injectors, K&N filter, hotwired fuel pump, AFPR

Car runs excellent right now. No issues to my knowledge. Solid idle, good throttle response, no hesitation. No tuning has been done to the chip- it is exactly as sent from Eric.

Scanmaster will, on rare occasions, show 0.2-0.4 of KR when I'm really on it. All sensors are set and reading within established parameters. Turbo is set right around 14-15 pounds of boost and I'm running pump gas 93.

Car is a garage kept weekend toy and show car. My goal is to have a reliable low-11 second street car on pump gas that has decent manners. I'm not, at this time, interested in tearing into the motor. Just really looking at bolt-ons and tuning options. Mainly at-home projects, as competent speed shops are few and far between down here, and people who know about these cars at all are in very short supply in my area. My car is one of five GN/TRs that I know of within 200 miles. Most people see it as just a shiny black Regal.

I was leaning toward an alky kit, but wanted to get some input from people who have been through all this before. Cost isn't a concern, but I am, like everyone else, looking for bang-for-the-buck options that I can build upon to get to my goal.

Pros and cons of each upgrade and discussion is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Low 11s on pump gas with the stock motor and 44 won't happens you will need octane to make increase boost and timing.that is why the guys have recommended alky plus cooling the i tank air charge.you will be really pushing the car hard at full weight to run low 11s and will need a really strong 60ft,a hot tuneup,good tire,and a good trans and converter,set of axles and posi.it can get done on less but you want reliability.typically 1.5 60fts and 116 to 119 mph to get mid to low 11s.

626GN... Would now be the time to look into a converter and adding something to the transmission, or should I just wait until the trans eats itself and do both at the same time?

Your post says "cost isn't a concern" so, if I were in your shoes (must be nice :D) I'd contact Dave Husek (516-285-1103) and have a chat on a trans & converter package. Having said that, a proper functioning D-5 converter will still work pretty well with that 44 especially if it has the Garrett .63 exhaust housing. Happy modding :)

Mr.Spools is right about the low 11s.I run high 11s and hope to get to 11.5 this summer.I wish i was a better tuner ,proudly could have got to 11.8 with less.
The Nick neck comes from Arizona GN its like a Dutt.Nick at Arizona Gn has always answered the phone with any questions i had when i bought my shortblock from him
Julio at ALKY is the same way,answers the phone himself and will answer all your questions ,I sent two pumps back for rebuild got them back in two weeks
We have lots of vendors that have alky kits