Looking for a media blasting shop in Orlando area

tpaul

Hey All,
I just found a header panel at a local bone yard. I'm interested in going with blasting instead of sanding the old paint off. Way too many nooks and crannies on those things! Any recommendations?

media blasting fiberglass is quite touch.y Becuase the blasting pressure changes all the time when your hand gets closer to the surface. Therefore this would cause up and down spots and you would eat through the gelcoat surface under the paint. Sanding with the proper grit and a good couple of coats of primer would be better. apply primer once you get to the gelcoat surface.

media blasting metals is fine, because you can rarely eat into metals unless it is a soft aluminum.

Be careful is all Im saying.

You'd probally want to have it 'soda blasted with baking soda. It works wonders on 'glass and composites.

Straight from "The Cruise News"

Blast Off,Inc
420 Piedmont St
Orlando
407-648-4482

Master Blaster of Orlando
2349-A Brengle Ave
Orlando
407-295-7796

You're on the right track. No way I'd sand a header panel ever again. To much block sanding to get them straight and wave free.

Let me know how it turns out and how much it cost. I need to repaint the front bumper and panel on my GN.