Looking for a gas tank

I am looking for one also. Performance radiators has new ones in stock for under $300. I think it was like $250 wholesale.

Thanks for the tips!

I have one of those Spectrum tanks and it sucks big time. No baffle, just a little dog dish looking thing in the middle. :frown:

GNZero said:
I have one of those Spectrum tanks and it sucks big time. No baffle, just a little dog dish looking thing in the middle. :frown:

What sucks about it?

Their quality has always been superb!!

Without the baffling that the stock gas tanks came with, under acceleration (without enough fuel) the fuel will slosh towards the back of the tank causing the fuel pump to cavitate thus resulting in a loss of engine performance. Not a very ideal situation for drag racing.
:cool:

Exactly what quicker6 said. Since switching tanks I need to buy two cans of race gas to fill up my tank. If the tank isn't full, the engine lays down and leans out on the top end. I'm also beginning to suspect that happens while zooming up freeway on ramps. But... I don't do that kind of stuff. :wink: Nothing wrong with the quality of the tank though. It is really nice!

Guys, i have 2 stock 1987 GN gas tanks with the proper baffling.
Both are in near mint condition.
Getting them there (shipping) might be the problem though!
After market tanks with out the plastic baffling are ng for a fuel inj motor.

Would the foam work out ok in my daily driver? I figure that would cut down on the capacity. Plus I think you'd have to put a LOT of foam in there to make a difference. Has anyone tried this on a stock tank?

Cheeseburger, it's not the price of the product, but the shipping that kills us !!! :eek:

Haven't tried it in a stock tank, but it's in my fuel cell which I drive on the street. Granted I don't do no full blown burnouts on the street..... well, not lately :rolleyes: