Looking for 120mph on 110 Octane, any advice?

Fryguy

10 Second Club
Hello all. I'm a new buick guy but I've been playing with boosted Fords for a long, long time.

I'm looking for a performance plan from some of you guys who have tried a lot of things and don't mind sharing the info. This car will be a street cruiser and occasional drag strip racer. I'm looking for the power to run 120mph in a fairly typical weight turbo regal on only 110 octane turbo blue, which can be had out of the pump at many gas stations around here. I know it would be a lot easier on C16, but I already have one car that needs that, I want this one to only require the turbo blue or 110 torco.

If you were to assume I was starting with a stock regal, what would be the easiest, most cost effective way to get there? Should I get the aluminum heads, or would the stock heads work? Does the cost of good port work make it worth just getting the aluminum heads? Should I put a TH400 in it at that power level, or should I have the stock trans built? I assume I don't need aftermarket EFI at this power level, and I can just get a chip? What turbo and torque converter?

I have used the search, and have found a lot of good info, I was just wondering if anyone had a recipe that was proven that they could throw out there for what I'm looking for. I could give you many of them for a Mustang :)

Thanks in advance.

120mph

Thats low 11 second mph in our cars, if the traction is very good, maybe 10.90s if ur traction is very very good. So ur question is easy to answer because the majority of guys have high 10 to mid 11 second cars. If u want it to hold up build it with good internals. Especially if ur new to tuning the cars...it will allow for a mistake or two along the way. Oh yeah and ur goal of 120 will not require anything more than 93 octane if everything is right. My signature is a place to start for combos.

You can look at the mods in my sig. I went 128 last year on 110. There is still more left too. Any questions feel free to ask.

Bob

Raj,
You live pretty close to FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Store Front Page He has everything you need to go fast. It's not much different then your mustang. Add a big turbo so you can flow alot of cfm at low boost and add lots of fuel. I was able to run 18 lbs and 20 deg timing on turbo blue safely from the pumps down by me. I recommended 60 lbs injectors, an extender chip, walboro pump, hot wire kit and a matching converter for the turbo. Add a good flowing exhaust and a good street tune and you should be there. If the car you started with has decent miles you should be all set. ;)