Lonnie Diers/ Extreme Automatics

Phoneguy

Cometic HG stress tester
My Billet Stage III with electric T-Brake showed up Friday night at 7 pm via R&L carriers. The tranny was strapped down to a pallet, shrink wrapped and had plastic plugs in the TV hole and the dipstick hole for proper protection from debris entering the tranny. Nicely done Lonnie!! This is how a transmission should be shipped!!! Also the driver dragged the tranny up my driveway and into my garage with a pallet jack, this is my second dealing with R&L, they are a great shipping company to deal with. Tranny is going in today.

Thanks
Bryan

He does alot of shipping through R&L so they give him free residential deliveries which usually adds $85.00 to the fee. The total shipping cost was $119.95.

edit: I forgot to mention shipping cost is included in the transmission price.

congrats man, i have had lonnies stage 3 in my car for about 6 months i would say. let me know how you like the brake. i havent been able to use mine at the track yet just the street. i ordered a 3.5 1350 alum. driveshaft so i can start beating on it. you will love this new brake.

Thumbs up

Bryan,

Im glad things worked out for you with Lonnie. Im expecting a Stage 3 2004r from him in the next few weeks but the first thing Ive been expecting for a while from Lonnie was one of the last 109 TSM/THS built motors that he was building. The motor arrived this past Thursday and the resurrection of SPOOLD is on the horizon.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

Attachments

• Spooled motor.jpg
    Spooled motor.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,010
congrats man, i have had lonnies stage 3 in my car for about 6 months i would say. let me know how you like the brake. i havent been able to use mine at the track yet just the street. i ordered a 3.5 1350 alum. driveshaft so i can start beating on it. you will love this new brake.

Thanks, I am going to need a new driveshaft and axles before I hit the T-Brake. I have had way too much downtime with this car to go try a T-Brake launch. My car has not been 200 miles since I bought it in May of 2007. I can't wait just to drive it.

The tranny and new PTC 9.5" N/L is in the car, still need to put the driveshaft in and hook up the linkage and T-Brake.

Bryan

Bryan,

Im glad things worked out for you with Lonnie. Im expecting a Stage 3 2004r from him in the next few weeks but the first thing Ive been expecting for a while from Lonnie was one of the last 109 TSM/THS built motors that he was building. The motor arrived this past Thursday and the resurrection of SPOOLD is on the horizon.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

John, looks like you got the complete Lonnie package. That thing should scoot. Congrats on the resurrection!!

Bryan

right on, we have the same setup. I swithced out my 11 sec build tranny before i break it and installed lonnie's stage 3. I also switched from a PTS 9x11 to the PTC 9.5 n/l 3000. not sure what converter you had before but your in for a real treat. let me tell you, swaping mine out made a huge difference in the car. car fells completly different. also the n/l has a weird shift fell to it at part throttle that had me ??? but lonnie says its because of the N/L converter. also the 3/4 shift is alot lower due to the different valve body. he told me i could send it to him and have him change it back higher but its all good and he designed it that way. anyways your car is alot faster then mine but im super excited. please keep me posted how you like yours. im going to be taking my car to the track 2 times in november. the 6 and then the WCN at the end of the month. the 6th i will be making some test passes just to get a fell for the new setup. i however have the drive shaft and 33 spline axles,stange spool, c-clip elemis. etc. cant wait to launch the **** out of it.

Johnboy,

you posted that picture yesterday.. why isn't that car going to be in OK next weekend?

Johnboy,

you posted that picture yesterday.. why isn't that car going to be in OK next weekend?

John,
There is not enough time to get it up and going for what I am planning to do. All I can think now is that I have a huge jump on next race season. :eek:

That's a good question.

His car would help strengthen Team Buick.

You're coming aren't you?

Phil Engle

The last time I raced was in 2007. I didnt get a chance to down the track since the dew was setting in just prior to the Top 10 pairing due to the few oil downs and two wrecks in front of us.

I raced in Bowling Green 2008 but had a few issues that got resolved in early October but didnt race as we just got married 3 weeks prior and we were looking for a house.

I didnt race in 2009 I was traveling every week to California with work and Mr Winter caused an issue with the motor and didnt get a chance of pulling the motor out until August and dropped it off with Lonnie.

After some time passed and delays in 2010, we got the motor back and now changing up some of the combo. Details to follow :D

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

Brett,

Lonnie's website shows that a Stage 3 with brake is $3400-$3500.

You thinking of keeping the car now?

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140
No, just wondering how much one is gonna cost me when I loose my shirt next time:rolleyes::) Car might be heading ur way to... then again, TX is a big ass state so maybe I should say heading to TX.

John: I'm glad you are getting back into the game. Look forward to you joining us at Noble next year.

Phil Engle

Extream Automatics

Anyone know how to get in touch with Extream Automatics?

They have not been answering the phone or responding to e-mails.

I hope everthing is ok over there.

extreme

I bougth a stage 3 with brake from Lonnie about a year ago and I abused it all year no problems. Try calling them in the morning that worked best for me, Lonnie did respond to all my emails and messages, but it did take a while.

Jarred