Long time lurker from IL. First post.

endlink

Well, I've done plenty of reading on this forum over the years and just freed up some cash after selling my Vrod Muscle. Wanted to get into a fun ride I can enjoy with the family as I felt selfish taking the bike out. I've owned a few "fun" daily drivers over the years 12 sec TBSS, 07 Sti, and now my lifted Ecoboost f150. I'll be posting in the wanted section soon looking for an 87' GN hardtop.
- Ed

I'm about 20 miles south if Joliet, send me a message if your interested in an 86.

Ed.
Welcome to the site. Take your time and find a clean one. Even if you have to pay a bit more. It'll be less expensive in the long run.
Lots of good Turbo Buick people in your area. Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Alright, I have been in contact with a guy that has an 87 hardtop GN in my budget. Just over 50k miles with one repaint. He says it needs AC work (condenser was pulled and ac disconnected), brake system needs some work (not sure exactly what yet but saw a CEL light in a pic he sent), and needs Throttle position sensor calibrated (how can I tell if this is the case?). The seller is available Saturday to show the car. I'm thinking I would need a scan tool by then to really see what I'm getting into.

Yeah that seems a little odd. Setting the tps is easy enough to do, I would think someone trying to sell a car would just do it first before selling.

Yeah that seems a little odd. Setting the tps is easy enough to do, I would think someone trying to sell a car would just do it first before selling.
Agreed. I have the VIN now, not sure if anyone on here is able to run a car fax or auto check. Also going to see if theres anyone in the area that could come out with a scan tool and help me assess this car. Would compensate them for their time of coarse.

Welcome aboard !!

Post up in the Midwest section, there are a lot of members in the Chicago area that would be willing to go with you to keep you from getting screwed.

Bryan

I know which car your talking about. Someone on the Facebook group already checked it out. I'll try to find the info.

Well, ran an autocheck on it. There's a large discrepancy in mileage, a title correction, and a Google search shows it sold at a salvage auction. Bummed.

I can vouch for Glen and his car. Nice guy with a nice car. He has been doing this a long time. You can't go wrong. Go take a look!

Well, ran an autocheck on it. There's a large discrepancy in mileage, a title correction, and a Google search shows it sold at a salvage auction. Bummed.

Stick a fork in that one....it's done.
Waay too many red flags to even waste your time going.

I can vouch for Glen and his car. Nice guy with a nice car. He has been doing this a long time. You can't go wrong. Go take a look!

Unfortunately out of my price range.

Stick a fork in that one....it's done.
Waay too many red flags to even waste your time going.
Yeah I called it off. The owner said he had no knowledge of the issues and just purchased it in June. So I'm going to resume the search.