Long shot but has anyone seen one of these

GNAT87

Could be a pretty fun project if it runs good. Im going to call Monday and check it out. Its a small 4 person boat, stickers say NorthStar Hornet. I googled that and came up with nothing at all. Has anyone seen or had one of these little boats?

Im thinking gloss black, new interior, system, gauges, and a hot foot. Could be a cool weekend ride.

Didnt see any damage to the fiberglass and would probably look okay after powerwashed, but to be honest its fugly with those colors.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 285
Is it jet-pump powered or external drive? What kind of engine? Curious here.

those things use the same propulsion systems as jet ski's. they are just giant versions that ride several people. heard some horror stories about those things chucking unsuspecting passengers when hit by wakes or on hard turns.

thanks for the comments guys, thats correct same way as a jet ski

What do you think they would ask for this boat? I know its been sitting there for a year.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 154
lol alright alright but what if you could fit one of those new turbo jet ski motors in there:D

Now ur talken....:biggrin: Its just dirty. Cleaned up and im sure it will look good as new.

oh its no GN or T! It would be a cheap project if it ran. Im gonna call and see what they want for the fun of it...400 or less and im parking it in the barn till my car is where it needs to be lol i will update

I mean really who else would honestly buy that thing...im in no rush I dont think its going anywhere

Might want to see how easy it is to get parts. Chances are the engine and pump are from a larger manufacturer but parts for the boat might be hard to find, espacially if the manufacturer is out of business. I used to own a speedboat from a manufacturer that went out of business, thats why I say that. The power was Mercruiser and some of the equiptment was generic, but some stuff was impossible to find.

I talked to the guy and the motor has some new parts and runs great 175 hp. He wants 3,000. Out of my range for now though. I'm sure I could tie 3 grand up in the buick somewhere

Yeah 3K for that old turd...naa

I took a 14ft jon boat and put a 600 Rotax motor with jet drive in it

now that was fun...scary..but fun