Lock up w/ FAST

TURBO 6

Beer Snob
Staff member
What is the preferable method to lock a converter with a FAST system? I want to stay with a lock-up converter but from what I understand the FAST system doesn't lock the converter.

I believe Summit/Jegs sell a lockup unit for about $75 that is somewhat automatic to engage and disengage, along with a manual switch. I haven't put one on yet, but intend to do so this winter.

Hold on! Wait! We have a TCC microcontroller VERY VERY close to launch for these cars!

Your lockup will work like factory. Trust me!

That's the spirit! I have 5 beta units in my hands right now.

I'm giving them a workout on the bench. There's a slight glitch in the microcontroller code regarding the race mode toggle but other than that it all works great. Dan White will test one tomorrow @ White Racing & Marine.

Betas are here!!!

OK, I have about 5 units. 2 are going in cars at White Racing
and the 3 other testers will be getting a unit to try.

We had an issue with the RACE MODE logic and we got
that licked in the code. RACE MODE IS KEPT NICE AND SIMPLE
Set the VSS value for RACE and ground the yellow lead.
As long as you are above 3.8V TPS and you meet the Vehicle speed you specified the TCC locks up under WOT.

Here's updated PICS.

tcc1b.jpg

display.jpg

BTW,

I've had some people asking about pricing of the DHP TCC.1

We're pretty sure that it will retail for about $189.95-$199.95.
The other units on the market ONLY lock up based on vehicle speed and have no race mode, no gear inputs, no MAP inputs, no LCD status screen and is NOT igital and sells for $159.95.

We have an automotive grade FET to operate the TCC solenoid
and a 20 MHZ RISC microprocessor/controller on board.

please contact us at info@digitalhorsepowerinc.com for more interest.

Dave

Any news from the beta testers yet on this?

I have just recieved my beta unit and will be doing some testing soon. However, i didn't like how you have to disassemble the unit to see the display ,and program it, so i modified it so far, take a look!

control.jpg

Originally posted by nightdiver
Well ?

So far so good.
I have several hundred miles on mine.
I'm awaiting an update, but I'm happy with it as is.

They're very configurable, and I'm using mine with the TPS, and VSS. Set like this, I have a min TPS, max TPS, TPS hysterisis, then min max VSS, VSS hysterisis, and delay. So with the settings I have over 40 MPH and within a min and max TPS down to 30 MPH I have the TCC on. With the hysterisis, and delay adjustments, there is no chugging as with some other setups where the TCC just constantly applies and unlocks under some circumstances.

Suffice to say there are other options, for how to use it.

Having used several of the other TCC aftermarket units, this is hands down the best out there, that I've seen.

TCC CONTROLLER

I have one on my car, still trying to configure it. I'm still getting chugging under lock-up because its not set properly yet. I must say fuel economy increased substancially I drove almost 275 miles
on tank highway driving. I wish there was a manual with it though. I will be in touch with Dave shortly to iron this out. Great unit though!

Yes it would be nice to have a manual, its got alot of parameters to adjust, thats why i put the buttons on the outside

Part of Betatesting is finding out. ie what people have trouble with, and then writting a manual. At least I believe that's Dave's logic is. Having the testers call and explaining to them the ins and outs, and then when they call back with updates, he can more accurately write a manual with recommendations, on where to start, and what the average guy might do wrong, or be confused about.

FWIW, there is a Power on switch for the display.
To scroll forward press the R/H touch pad. To back up the L/H one. To change an entry, depress the center button, the variable will begin to flash. When it's flashing you can increase the value with the R/H key, and deminish it with the L/H key. When done hit the center key and the entered value will stop flashing, and then you can again scroll. When done advancing thur the screens, the Save Data screen will flash, again press the center key. The touch pads have a slight delay in them so it may take one or two touches for the touch to register.

Be sure to write down the initial values, so you know where you started from.

HTH

Guys... I just need a few days to finish up the manual!

Basically...

You have 3 buttons Left/ Middle/ Right and they do
Back/Select or Toggle/Forward.

Slider switch is SCREEN power.

THe 1st several screens are obviously status screens.
The Screen that says MAP at the TOP and DG at the bottom
is the diasnostic screen that tells you what the TCC.1 is waiting on to lockup. V= VSS, T=TPS, M=Map, G= Gear, B=Brake. Holding the CENTER button down on this screen tells you what the LAST condition was that caused an unlock.

Some Tips:

You don't need to use the Map, Gear or Brake Switches to get good lockup. Merely set the VSS on Point and TPS Upper and Lower values to something like .58 V Lower and 1.5 V higher.

Race Mode BYPASSES normal mode. You wont's get part throttle lockup when the RACE input is grounded. Race mode LOCKS the TCC at the pre set VSS at or above 3.8 V TPS.

I wanted to see if you guys could set it up without a manual. If so... then we did an OK job with the screens...

I know that's a tad bit unfair but it helps me write a better manual that OMITS the kitchen sink!

Re: TCC CONTROLLER

Originally posted by gmturbo
I have one on my car, still trying to configure it. I'm still getting chugging under lock-up because its not set properly yet. I must say fuel economy increased substancially I drove almost 275 miles
on tank highway driving. I wish there was a manual with it though. I will be in touch with Dave shortly to iron this out. Great unit though!

Thanks!

You might want to raise your VSS on point to 44/45 vs the 37 that I run in my stock cammed truck. Also lower the "TPS HIGH" to like 1.3V so when you get in the throttle a little bit she unlocks!

If race mode operates at the vss or tps of 3.8 that is no good to me. That means i could be below the vss and have full tps and lockup could occur below the vss set point?is that correct? It would make sense to me to have the vss point being made first.

No BOTH conditions have to be satisfied...

If you are WOT it will wait unit it sees VSS => than your selection
and then lockup.

It works!