lock-up connector won't plug into trans

Harv49

When I bought my 84 T-Type I didn't realize that it use to be owned by idiots. There was so much afro-engineering done to it. Now there is the problem with the lock-up wiring....The connector will not push into the trans. I was wondering if I need a different pigtail to match up to the lock-up unit in the trans? It is a 200 4R trans but I am also not sure if it was the original one in the car. I would think that if it is the original trans I wouldn't have this problem. I would appreciate any help I can get at this point.

turbo regals must have a 4 prong connector on the case .if its a 3 it wont mate to the harness,

It has a 4 prong connector. The problem I see is that it needs to have slots in the male end which it does but they dont line up with the ones in the trans

both sides of the TR plug is black. if the one in the trans isn't black, then it's probably not the stock trans.. what's the code on the tag on the tailshaft of the trans?

The tag on the tail shaft is yellow with a O and G on it. What does that say about the trans?

Well that makes sense. This whole car was cobbled from the beginning. This really pisses me off because there are so many idiots that think they know about cars that work on them and all they do is screw up really nice cars. Thanx for the info.

Now that I know that my T-Type has the wrong tranny in it, is it possible to change the lock-up connector so it will work on my car until I find the right trans?

Now that I know that my T-Type has the wrong tranny in it, is it possible to change the lock-up connector so it will work on my car until I find the right trans?

You can cut the pig tail plug on harness and replace it or change the trans case connector. Pig tail would be less work.

Case connector
2004R Transmission Parts Solenoids Makco Transmission Parts
Pigtails, may have others. >
TPI TBI Camaro Wiring Harness TCC 700R4 Connector:eBay Motors (item 360119476805 end time Jun-24-09 21:08:04 PDT)