LOCATING GAS LEAK

Fast4Ward

car has to sit for at least 2-3 days before the smell starts to intensify. I have been over it now a couple if times with it pressurized but no drips or wetness. Put my hands everywhere.
Any tricks besides a lighter:|
Ive been under the car many times.
I can smell it more on drivers side of engine And have been obsessed with that area lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your charcoal canister is behind the driver side headlight and the gas tank vent line is connected there.

I have seen fuel forced backward from the tank to the canister, look at the bottom and see if fuel is present there.

Little off topic here, Fast4Ward, but your GN is just absolutely beautiful to look at! Man, what a pretty car! Very nice job there! I'm envious! A pure jewel!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Try removing canister, take it outside far away from car then either cap vent line or place a small Fram fuel filter on end of line and see how odor is. Maybe pull vacuum on vent line first in case of fuel in line?

I dropped the tank to replace the sending unit and either while dropping it or reinstalling it developed a hairline crack (and I do mean tiny) where the neck meets the tank - that was a bitch to find.