Lingenfelter ctsv

Backndagame

Today I was running around minding my own when some guy flies by me in a newer ctsv. He gets in front and turns on the same road as I do. I pull on the side of him and at about 20 mph he guns it. He gets 2 on the jump and pull him by 2 . A jerk as I am I was waving as I was driving by him . He motioned for me to pull over. Very nice older guy, just got his car back from lingenfelter. He told me he knew about the turbo t's, but thought he would kill the buick. Today everywhere I went somebody was pulling me over. I never seen anything like that before.

What mods do you have, because mostly anything with Lingenfelter on it isnt slow. Those v's fly from the factory as it is...

He did have that 7.0L twin turbo vette back in the early 2000s that went 0-60 in 1.9 secs. And, it even beat a Blue Angel's F/A 18 Hornet in the 1/4. I think Motor Trend did a feature on it back in the day?

Last edited:
My set up forged bottom .20 over ,h/c/I , alcohol, 66 turbo,jimmy trans,3000 stall l/u. Dr at 15 psi , cause I forgot to air up.

Most companies that offer different "boutique packages" for performance enhancements have several
different combos ranging from mild to wild to maintain their "status Que" in the performance industry.
At least some of these aforementioned "performance Centers" show or give you a copy of the break-in
dyno run/s, but install a canned tune before you pick up the car to protect their warranties.
Buyer beware: Know what you're getting before you get it.
Racer beware: Finding out what package and RWHP & RWTQ you raced is paramount in knowing what
the relationship between your car and his.

Great kill regardless, congratulations.

Last edited:
good kill but the waiving thing while passing him is a little childish....

wat heads r u running? not totally surprised u won but them cars are fast and HP ranges vary quite a bit but ill bet ur car is a 10.70 car or so and I don't see many CTS-V's goin that fast. some go low 9's tho. which 66 Turbo? how old is it?

Champion iron, it is a gn1 66 that came with the car. Changing it next year. I only had the car at the track once this year. It ran 11.3 check time slip section. Terrible 60' and car needs to be tuned. Not sure what fuel system, ignition yet. I redid engine and transmission last winter,spring. I plan a low 10 car when done.

Champion iron, it is a gn1 66 that came with the car. Changing it next year. I only had the car at the track once this year. It ran 11.3 check time slip section. Terrible 60' and car needs to be tuned. Not sure what fuel system, ignition yet. I redid engine and transmission last winter,spring. I plan a low 10 car when done.
I think you should have a low 10 car now. You might want to get some more seat time and maybe just change your converter if anything.(y)

Well I think you need more seat time and tune . Now I babied mine the first time at the track but I was on a fresh build. Very first pass 12.70 @117. 8 passes later 10.60 @ 127. I think one time at the track doesn't determine how fast you are especially when you don't get good 60 foots. That's where your et will be. What was your mph on your 11.30?

What is your combo?
It is.20 over fresh motor, billit mains, 210/210 roller cam, precision 62/62, RJC 3in. Down pipe with RJC boost controller, and power plate,roller rockers, mildly ported DLS stock irons, 9.5 PTC nlu 3000 stall, fully built Husek trans. E-85 with 80lb injectors, and a DW 300 pump.oh and a stock location big precision intercooler. Best so far is a 10.60 @127 @ 25 pounds. I know with better air and 60, there is more there. I am just worried about having the stock crank.

What was your mph?