Line Lock troubles

forcefed86

I'm working with master cyl. It has two ports off the dist. block for the front brakes and one to the back. I figured I'd use the back line to install the line lock, as it would be easier.

I thought the line lock solenoid was just a simple ON/OFF valve. So instead of putting the line lock solenoid on the front brake I put it on the aft. Thinking if I had the line lock engaged and pressed the brakes only the front brakes would work. leaving the aft brakes free to spin for the burnout. So I installed it this way. When I press the line lock and then apply the brakes the brake pressure is blowing through the solenoid, still going to the AFT wheels.
confused.gif

Is this solenoid just crap, or will a line lock not work installed this way? Do I need to reverse the inlet/outlet ports when doing it this way?

Wikipedia says I should be good....

Additionally, line locks can be installed on the rear brake lines. When the line lock is activated, fluid pressure is prevented from being transferred to the rear, allowing the rear wheels to spin freely while the front brakes can be controlled with the brake pedal. This allows one to creep at varying speeds while maintaining a burnout. Achieving such a burnout requires manipulation of both throttle and brake inputs. The burnout is initiated by manipulating the clutch with the left foot and both the brake and gas pedal with the right foot. The brakes must be held while revving up the engine, then the clutch is released while continuing to hold the brakes. Once the rear tires start spinning, the left foot is used to control the brakes while the right foot continues to control the throttle. The only main advantage for such a setup would be the ability to maintain a burnout at low speeds, and to reduce the wear on the rear brakes while doing a burnout. Such an application would only be practical for show purposes such as drifting exhibitions, or just for fun.

Last edited:
Your thinking is correct, but you need to install the solenoid backwards. That's how I have mine and it works great!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm aware how most are wired, I choose to do mine differently.

Thanks Balanegra! I had forgot about this post and swapped them on my own to try. Works great.