Line Lock puzzle.

aminga

Chicks Dig the powerbulge
I just did a respin of my ashtray switch tray to prepare for the new Trr6 ignition and 2 step. But I'm having a problem with the line lock.

Wiring diagram is below. The LL switch is in the ground path and I want an indicator light to show when the switch is on. (It's dark inside the car at the track both switch and panel are black)

The LED is tied to a IGN source and grounded to the same terminal as the Line lock. I can hear the LL click but the light isn't comeing on.

the polarity on the LED is correct and the LED is good.

My only idea is to tie the positive end of the led to the positive feeding the line loc and not to a separate source. Which I'm thinking shouldn't make a difference because positive is positive. Cutting ground to a circuit deems the circuit open and not closed.

Found this on ls1 forums. Hope it helps.
4a0AkCN.jpg

My only idea is to tie the positive end of the led to the positive feeding the line loc and not to a separate source. Which I'm thinking shouldn't make a difference because positive is positive. Cutting ground to a circuit deems the circuit open and not closed.

I actually think they're coming off the same tap on the fusebox.

I'm breaking the grounds just to be consistent across this, the ISAC and the Tr6 in the wiring.

Try reversing the the leads on the led . The led is short for light emitting diode and only flow electricity in one direction. Maybe it's labeled incorrectly?

Last edited:
Also might want to check the side of the switch coming from the l&l sol. To see if there's enough voltage there to power the led after it goes thru the sol. Coil for the line lock.

Figured it out.

When I tested the LED I used a little cheap terminal end that went easily into the tap where I was getting 12V. The end product used a good insulated terminal (that wouldn't go through the hole in the panel) end that wouldn't go far enough into the terminal to engage the tap.