Like the perfomance of the WRX, but hate the boy racer look?

36IndexGN

If so, check out these pics.

Saab 9-2X

GM is having Subaru platform share with Saab, the result a better looking WRX. It stickers for a bit more, but comes with GMAC and a better warranty. Look for it around early Summer.

FWIW & IMHO:
I know that appearance, cosmetics, & asthetics is very subjective
but I only consider the WRX not especially attractrive, that thing is butt ugly. Saabs are generally known for safety, definitely not attractriveness. And in this case they are definitely maintaining their previous image. If the world ran out of TR'S I could actually do a WRX or WRX STI, but I don't share the same gut feeling on that thing.

Id drive it if they had a sedan version. It looks pretty nice..

Wells SAABs arent known for safety, they are known for Turbo lag and being a quirky expensive european car that has the ignition in the center console.

You know why they call em SAABs?? Because you SAAB when you see the repair bill!

Ooh, I thought that Saabs were good on safety, heaven knows that they aren't good for anything else. I just did not want to criticize it anymore that I have done already for fear that one or more of the board owner/moderators might own one. I just do not find that car appealing, but I find the WRX'S ok for eye appeal.

Originally posted by Wells
Ooh, I thought that Saabs were good on safety, heaven knows that they aren't good for anything else. I just did not want to criticize it anymore that I have done already for fear that one or more of the board owner/moderators might own one. I just do not find that car appealing, but I find the WRX'S ok for eye appeal.

Volvos are the safety nazis ;)

Actually Volvo and Saab have to meet the same safety guidlines. Volvo just uses that as thier marketing ploy.

Sweden has a very interesting Moose front end crash test.

And very few saab models actually have center mounted ignition.;)

Actually their are a couple of us straight guys on this board that drive a nice Turbo Saab as a daily.

Originally posted by 36IndexGN
Actually their are a couple of us straight guys on this board that drive a nice Turbo Saab as a daily.

removes foot from mouth

Well, Sweden definitely knows how to build their women. They are generally tall, leggy, blonde, and quite attractrive. As far as their car building goes, well...............
Just kidding, I am sure that their cars are ok, too.

It's a SAAB-aru!:D

I'd like to see that in a stylish 5-door perhaps instead of the wagon. Weird parentage IMO.:eek: