Like new GN Centers

ummm

not sure why this is continuing.. Mike sold em.. and is pleased with the deal he made.

As for me being a piece of work.. how is it that I'm more of a "piece of work" for asking to split them than the seller is for not wanting to meet me halfway on the fees? Mind your business.

This thread has become boring. Maybe I should have said.. "Hey Mike.. I'll take em.. but, can only afford 108.50.. do we have a deal?" That would have made you busy-bodies here happy I guess.

Enjoy your car.. you're not going to win here.

j

Hey gnman87

I've got the center caps now and if you want I'll sell them to you. I thought it was ridiculous that turbo6mike wouldn't cover the Paypal fees so I paid cash for them so you could get them without this kind of hassle from a stubborn, bull-headed seller like Mike. So if you want you can get them now, I take Paypal and I'll cover the fees and shipping costs 100%. However, I gotta make something for offering this service to you so my selling price is $113.30 firm.:biggrin:

wow

the laughs just keep on coming.

Listen.. this has been fun.. I've been in the Turbo Regal community since 1994. I was one of the early ops when #BuickGN started on IRC. I'm not sure what the game is here.. but, I'm not some newbie trying to start trouble. Lance Ward is a good friend of mine and Jay Carter talked me through when needed to change a head and piston in my 86 in the mid-90s. Ken Mosher was a great source of help for me in the early days as I tried to learn about the cars.

Mike offered the centers for sale.. FIRM wasn't mentioned.. to me, that means it's obo. I told him I'd take them if he took Pay pal. He said he didn't. He contacted me and said he found someone with pay pal so we could do the deal.. but, he wanted me to cover the fees. I told him I'd rather he covered them.. but, to be fair let's split them.

He chose not to go that way .. then for some reason, decided to mention why the deal didn't go through on the board.

From there -- people not involved lined up to take their shots. If you've enjoyed the repartee.. then good for you. Otherwise.. move on now.

Sheesh.. like a bunch of little boys.

btw, the shipping PRIORITY from Lorain Ohio to where I am in Texas for up to 70 pounds is a flat rate of 4.95. So, Mike lost money selling to you. Congrats!!

j

the laughs just keep on coming.

Listen.. this has been fun.. I've been in the Turbo Regal community since 1994. I was one of the early ops when #BuickGN started on IRC. I'm not sure what the game is here.. but, I'm not some newbie trying to start trouble. Lance Ward is a good friend of mine and Jay Carter talked me through when needed to change a head and piston in my 86 in the mid-90s. Ken Mosher was a great source of help for me in the early days as I tried to learn about the cars.

Mike offered the centers for sale.. FIRM wasn't mentioned.. to me, that means it's obo. I told him I'd take them if he took Pay pal. He said he didn't. He contacted me and said he found someone with pay pal so we could do the deal.. but, he wanted me to cover the fees. I told him I'd rather he covered them.. but, to be fair let's split them.

He chose not to go that way .. then for some reason, decided to mention why the deal didn't go through on the board.

From there -- people not involved lined up to take their shots. If you've enjoyed the repartee.. then good for you. Otherwise.. move on now.

Sheesh.. like a bunch of little boys.

btw, the shipping PRIORITY from Lorain Ohio to where I am in Texas for up to 70 pounds is a flat rate of 4.95. So, Mike lost money selling to you. Congrats!!

j

For me the entertaining part about this whole ordeal was the fact that you would put up such a fuss over $1.50, or $3.30, or whatever it was. THAT was what struck me as being just like a little boy--that didn't get enough of an allowance to pay for a toy he wanted or something and threw a tantrum and went stomping away. As stated previously in this thread--how embarrassing.

You can't touch a set of 5 brand new center caps from Kirban for any less than $165.00 PLUS shipping (OK, $164.75 since apparently $0.25 probably would be a deal breaker for you too) so I can't see how anybody could have complained about this excellent deal turbo6mike posted, even if they have been mounted to a car once and one of them needed a minor repair. $3.30 is nothing. As a buyer I've paid Paypal fees on orders of almost $1500.00 and nobody has ever heard or read a complaint from me about it. After all, by the time you've paid $1500, an extra $45 isn't that much more, is it? The fact that you haven't been charging Paypal fees in your sales is just fine--I often don't myself. However, if a seller asks for you to cover the fees that means he has a set amount in mind he wants to get for his item and you're already there. In other words, it is NOT OBO. And let's say shipping is only $4.95 for up to 70 lbs. from here to Texas (hogwash if you ask me--I recently got a shipping quote for sending a stock airbox to somebody in Wisconsin in a flat rate box and it was $11.83)--maybe he knocked off an extra $5.05 because we're friends and I've bought a ton of stuff from him. At any rate, for these center caps any way you slice it $113.30 shipped is a great deal.

hmmm

what's entertaining to me is how you've injected yourself into this situation. Maybe that was my last dollar fifty. Maybe I like getting better deals that offered price. Maybe I'm a jerk. All of it none of your business. I told Mike what it would take for me to buy them. He said no.. I moved on.

I bought four brand new GN centers for 74.00 on ebay last time I bought some. Put four new tires on last week and the dork who did it didn't put two centers on right. They're gone. I have one extra. I need ONE center. Tried to buy the 5 from Mike to have some spares. I don't need 5 .. need one.

Why exactly is it stupid or juvenile for me to let the deal go over 3 bucks.. but, it's not stupid or juvenile for the seller to let the deal go over the same three dollars? Actually 1.50? Maybe because you guys are friends and you needed something to talk about on the board?

Have at me with some lengthy reponse now. I'll let you have the last word. I'm stupid.. you're smart.. I should ask you how much I should be willing to pay for any items in the future.

j

I should ask you how much I should be willing to pay for any items in the future.

j

Or maybe all sellers should let you, the buyer, set all the terms of the sale and maybe also set the selling prices since you have this great gauge called eBay?:rolleyes:

Shipping for a flat rate PRIORITY box is $10.95 not $4.95. There is only two available size boxes for that option also. Most of the time you can't squeeze very much in the sizes avaliable. Boxes are pretty small. Just a flat priority envelope is reaching and alot of times exceeds 4 bucks so i don't know where your getting your rate quotes from but they are wrong. I win again!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Hey i just saved gnman87 a bunch from uncharging the shipping costs on your next sale. I take paypal donations for my smarts. Take care guys this has been entertaining. Sincerly,

Your little boy brother

yawn

I stand by every word here. Mike got a buyer.. he's happy.. the buyer's happy. I'm happy for all involved. I've seen the commercials.. and I've checked the website. I"m confident the 4.95 package would suffice. Matter of fact.. if you print it on line.. it's $4.80.

Mike lost money on the deal.. but is the big winner in the long run in that he's got people like you taking up for him. Again. I'll get the centers I need elsewhere. I'll wait it out on ebay and get a good deal where the seller understands pay pal and will absorb the fees. For a dollar fifty .. Mike lost the sale. His decision. I'm cool with it. Why aren't you?

take care.. keep fighting the good fight!

j

heh

best response yet. They were sold locally because I was too cheap with my offer.

Talk to one of the Mike's they might want to make you a great deal.

j

Hey, Mike I'll take them if there still for sale. I'll drive over and pick them up, but you have to eat my fuel costs.:biggrin:

Hey, Mike I'll take them if there still for sale. I'll drive over and pick them up, but you have to eat my fuel costs.:biggrin:

The way this thread has been going I can't tell who's serious and who's kidding anymore.:rolleyes:

If you want them I'll bring them to Quaker Steak next time I go. I had sort of wanted them for quite a while and was going to buy them from Mike R. in Norwalk but ended up buying his turbo instead. I ended up picking these up yesterday to help Mike out, and was going to keep them stashed away for a bit until I decided what to do with them. If you have a need for them though let me know. I'm hoping to be at QS this next Sunday but I'll be on call for work so maybe not. If not, I'll deliver them in my sister's Toyota so I don't have to eat fuel costs on those gas guzzlers you and your brother drive.:biggrin: That or I'll have Randy deliver them on his scooter.;)

Very entertaining post. Now I have to add my two cents (which for the record is 3% of $1.50, which is 50% of the 3% Paypal fee on the sale price of the caps).

I've never sold anything using Paypal but I use it to buy all the time on E-bay and other internet sites. My Paypal draws from my checking account and not a charge card if that matters, but I've never been asked to pay a fee, and I've never had one deducted from my account in addition to the selling price. So I would conclude that any fee is a cost of doing business for the seller. It is just like a charge card. When you buy something on a charge card, the merchant has to pay a fee of anywhere from 2-3% which is deducted by the processing company before he receives payment. The buyer does not pay this fee, the seller absorbs it.

Also, these caps were offered at a "delivered" price. When something is offered for sale FOB Delivered, that means just that, "Delivered to the buyer" with no extra charges. I understand that the argument is about the principle and not the small fee, but considering that the buyer could have required these to be shipped across the country or across the street, and the seller comitted to include shipping, the shipping amount that is in play potentially far exceeds the 3% fee, so what's the point arguing about the fee?

Just my 2 cents (3% of $1.50, which is 50% of the 3% Paypal fee on the sale price of the caps) worth.

wow

so glad you were entertained. I have never and will never pay a pay pal fee to someone who wants to sell me something. I have over 200 transactions on Ebay all of which were through pay pal.. and the 3% was never paid by me. One can argue the price was 3% higher than otherwise because of pay pal.. but, for me.. I saw the price, bought the item .. paid the price done deal.

Fact is.. I love McDonald's cheeseburgers.. and was hoping to spend that other dollar 50 on it. :)

This has continued for way too long. Bottom line is.. a seller offered some items.. I showed strong interest.. tried to negotiate something extremely reasonable.. a split of the fees. The seller said no.. case closed.

Anyone else?

You do understand that I agree with you? I also have never paid a Paypal fee as a buyer. The seller should pay any fees related to his sale. You don't pay 3% more for gas at the pump because you use a charge card.

yo

after so many piling on on the opposing side.. I may have knee jerked in my reaction.

thanks for the agreement.. prolly the only one I'll get.

Btw, I'm still in the market for two center caps.

:)
j

You do understand that I agree with you? I also have never paid a Paypal fee as a buyer. The seller should pay any fees related to his sale. You don't pay 3% more for gas at the pump because you use a charge card.
Mike told him in the beginnig that he does not have a Pay Pal account. Then went out of his wat to set up a deal with a friend's Pay pal to try and oblige him then he throws out that he wants the seller to pay or split the Pay pal cost. We have to start treating gnman87 with more respect because Jay Carter told him how to put a piston in.

seriously

it's 2009.. getting pay pal is easy.. and not going out of one's way. And why the hate on my background in the TR community? Again, wasn't your fight.. isn't your fight.. won't be your fight. Mike had something I told him I'd take.. IF he had pay pal. He got pay pal and asked me to pay the fees.. I told him I'd rather he pay the fees.. but, to be fair.. I'd split them... he decided to let the sale go by the wayside for 1.50 in fees. That was his choice.

Time to move on now.. no? Unless you're just a trouble maker. Listen, you may have a lack of excitement in your life and find this fun.. but, let me see how clear I can make this. I feel comfortable with how I handled the deal.. and so does Mike.. you can add your snide comments until the end of time... you're accomplishing nothing.

j

I was trying to let this go but it seems that you keep taking little shots at me everytime you post.Heres something that being left out.He did not want them unless he used so paypal,it was to hard for him to write a check or get a money order..So whats so freaking hard about getting a money order or writing a check.Im so glad I didnt deal with this guy:mad:So it was not about a $1.50 it was the principal he needed paypal to buy you pay the fees.Simple as that.I have never delt with anyone like this guy ever on this site.