Light greenish staining around lid on Alky Control reservoir?

Steve

I have a Alky Control set up on my GN and I am getting some discoloration around the lid of the reservoir. I had the same kit on multiple cars and haven't seen this before so I am not sure what is causing it. The system has only had about 1/2 gallon of meth ran thru it so far and it looks like maybe some meth leaked around the lid and the reservoir has a very light green discoloration where it touched the outside. Anyone else seen this or know what causes it?

Mine was doing that and the jug was bad

Attachments

• 1418243905000.jpg
    1418243905000.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 1418243933267.jpg
    1418243933267.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 194
That's exactly what mine looks like. Are you saying the jug of methanol was bad or the reservoir had issues? Thanks

The reservoir jug was bad not the methanol , look at mine it had a bad top where the cap goes .

Staining is typical from methanol thats had an additive added.
Local speed shop was putting some stuff in their methanol.. a lube.. was discoloring the tanks.
Went to M1 from VP in a sealed can.. whalla.. problem resolved.

Staining is typical from methanol thats had an additive added.
Local speed shop was putting some stuff in their methanol.. a lube.. was discoloring the tanks.
Went to M1 from VP in a sealed can.. whalla.. problem resolved.

Is the leaking reservoir something that I should get with you about? My reservoir looks just like the one TurboTdr3.8 posted above. Thanks

Is the leaking reservoir something that I should get with you about? My reservoir looks just like the one TurboTdr3.8 posted above. Thanks
Does the cap tighten down? If the cap doesnt tighten, or seals properly then should get the tank replaced.
These are molded by GM. I don't make the tanks. Who knows.. The staining is a contaminant issue. The leak or warping is a molding issue.