Lifting a tire.

MauDeuce50

Need Rehab for Boost Addiction
I was wondering what would get me closest to lifting a tire. I have a 2800 stall, airbags, 275/60 nitto DRs, newly installed powertrax locker, front swaybar removed. Best et was an 8.14 in 1/8th with a 1.85 60ft with the open rear without the locker. Is this even remotely possible? Would deflating the passenger side airbag and inflating the drivers side help at all? Im not looking for the best time necessarily, I would just like a picture ;)

If you've got an open rear you'll have a very hard time to do it. If one tire tries to slip then you loose all traction. You need a locking diff of some sort.

Then you need to scale the car first and find total weight, and what each wheel has sitting on it. You may not be producing enough power to do it but there are several factors that can help you get it off the ground. With the 60' you've got you don't have enough traction right now.

Then you need to scale the car first and find total weight, and what each wheel has sitting on it. You may not be producing enough power to do it but there are several factors that can help you get it off the ground. With the 60' you've got you don't have enough traction right now.
Ok thanks ill try and find a place to weigh it

And even then, it will probably only lift on the hit, then the Nittos wont have enough traction. Here is a completely stock suspension with 28 psi in the passenger air bag leaving on 10psi footbrake. This is 10.0/9.9 power on a 275/60 Mickey Thompson Pro Radial.

Attachments

• 1445690315574.jpg
    1445690315574.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 266
That's a pretty stealthy Cutty. With some stock looking wheels I bet you could snooker one or two.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

It has surprised afew. I think some chrome ralleys would look sporty enough, but still make it look like a 13 sec oldsmobile.

Wow nice launch! Only 10 psi off the footbrake......those tires wrinkle pretty good. How much air pressure do you run in them?

They have 18 psi in them. With a good converter and a good tune, you dont have to launch on super high boost to get a good 60'.

Are these pro radials a fairly new tire to the market? Been kind of out of the tire seen for a couple yrs as I've been reasonably happy with my MTDR'S

They have been out I believe 2 years. They are an awesome tire. This car had the old mt radials, which work great on most cars, but they were 4 years old, so I borrowed these from a friend. Drag radials have come a long way.

I was wondering what would get me closest to lifting a tire. I have a 2800 stall, airbags, 275/60 nitto DRs, newly installed powertrax locker, front swaybar removed. Best et was an 8.14 in 1/8th with a 1.85 60ft with the open rear without the locker. Is this even remotely possible? Would deflating the passenger side airbag and inflating the drivers side help at all? Im not looking for the best time necessarily, I would just like a picture ;)

Try using a jack painted black!
Place it under the driver side control arm and proceed to lift it to the desired height for the picture.

Remove handle so it won't be in the picture and voila you now have a pic of a 700 hp car while having a high twelve second car.

Make sure you stick your head out the window and wave for the camera so people will have no doubt that it's you.

PS. don't jack it to high as you want the picture to look real. If you want it to look like you run in the eights just add wheelie bars and jack it up from the center of the A frame.

Hope this helps and please post pic when you take it as I would love to see it.

RZ.

If your car launches level you will need a lot of power!
I just ran 6.22@112.6 in the eighth mile with a 1.4 60' launching from the foot brake on 5 psi using the regular 275 60 15 Mickey Thompson drag radials , no tire lift. I would rather launch straight and not lift one tire.

Bryan

It would launch level if it had a hr rear sway bar. The reason it launched like that is because it has all stock suspension, not lack of power.

Fill the trunk with bags of cement.

It would launch level if it had a hr rear sway bar. The reason it launched like that is because it has all stock suspension, not lack of power.
My comment wasn't directed at you at all , that car is obviously making power. ..:)

Bryan