Lifetime warranty tip for parts stores

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
I recently had a part that i had lifetime warranty on that the thermo tape receipt ink had all faded. So i called the local advance auto and wasnt in there system. They said the store i bought it at would have it. Turns out that store closed so i called their corporate line and was not in.their system. Turns out its only a couple of years and then the main system drops you and yoy are reliant upon the store purchased from or reciept.

Long story short i learned to get a hand written reciept and your good as it wont fade.

Just bought a starter and they did one no problem.

I save everything in a file,but you have the problem of not reading the $%&king thing anyway! You have a blank receipt....Lol. I like the hand written receipt.... Thanks for the tip.

if it's got a lifetime warranty, why do they need a receipt?

oh, yeah- that's their way of getting out of honoring the warranty...

Photocopy a reciept when you get it and then you've got proof. Thermal paper fades no matter what you do unless you've got a comercial account like I've got.;)

Photocopy a reciept when you get it and then you've got proof. Thermal paper fades no matter what you do unless you've got a comercial account like I've got.;)
Any part I sell that has a warranty I tell the customer to make a copy of it and put it in their registration envelope in the glove box. Some want to question and argue, but when explained that there is a scenario like above they quickly agree. Thermal printing saves tons of money over ink. It's not a way to screw over the customer, it's smart business in keeping expenses down. The manager at the location you went to should have honored it....

I have a comercial account. They print those receipts off of a laser printer on regular paper.

It lasts for a good long time

True the scanner/copy method works to.

I have them do a hand written in the store, then I dont waste my ink cartridge and paper and its all done and no dicking with it once at home.

I started to scan all mine. Can keep them on my computer, put on a flashdrive or disk if needed.

I went in one day to exchange some dura shocks with a lifetime warranty and they informed me that a cost saving measure was to only store warranty information for the past three years, anything older was deleted when AA upgraded their database system. Two calls to their regional manager up in Chicago took care of the problem. I would say they can pull up the old records on their old system, it would be stupid not to.

I am now getting resistance from Oreilly's Autoparts because the "lifetime" rotors and pads have been exchanged more than three times in the past seven years. The sales guy said I would no longer be able to exchange them.... I told him they should not sell crappy parts with that type of coverage on them.

Blown headgaskets, they will replace for free. Just bring them in and swap out for new ones at Oreilly's. Ive done that twice over the years on my Felpro 1000s.

I recently had a part that i had lifetime warranty on that the thermo tape receipt ink had all faded. So i called the local advance auto and wasnt in there system. They said the store i bought it at would have it. Turns out that store closed so i called their corporate line and was not in.their system. Turns out its only a couple of years and then the main system drops you and yoy are reliant upon the store purchased from or reciept.

Long story short i learned to get a hand written reciept and your good as it wont fade.

Just bought a starter and they did one no problem.
Lifetime warranty definition- If it fails before you die they will kill you for free !