Let's see those Limiteds!!!

70.jpg
60.jpg
55.jpg
40.jpg
30.jpg
22.jpg
71.jpg

...Plus I'll get that photo of the glowing dash plaque exclusive to the Limited, it's quite unique.

I'd like to see that. Mine doesn't glow. Anyone know how to locate & replace the bulbs required to illuminate the dash plaque?

Thanks
~JM~

The bulbs (2),plug directly into the plaque itself. Getting ready to put mine back in within a week or so to replace the three gauge set up original owner put in.
image-2672309403.jpg

Attachments

• image-3736964382.jpg
    image-3736964382.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 239
The bulbs (2),plug directly into the plaque itself. Getting ready to put mine back in within a week or so to replace the three gauge set up original owner put in.
How does that plaque come off?

~JM~

These four tabs from what I can tell, have yet to get in there!

image-3541471569.jpg

Attachments

• image-990564525.jpg
    image-990564525.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 253
These four tabs from what I can tell, have yet to get in there!

Please do a write up & post some pics on how that plaque is removed & replaced. I have asked this question of many folks & no one was able to answer the question. I didn't even know that plaque was supposed to be illuminated until about a year ago. I have crawled around under the dash & through the glove compartment trying to locate the bulbs without any luck.

Thank you
~JM~

This is the absolute best I could do with my digital cameras to get photos of my glowing dash. My garage and interior were completely dark except I had to turn on the parking lamps to allow all the dash lights to illuminate. Keep in mind they're not very bright so they're not distracting. Essentially they're darker than the rest of the glowing lamps on the entire dash, especially the radio and defroster illumination. I've modified these the best I could so you actually see the glowing areas. It looks MUCH better in person.

DSCF2119.JPG
DSCF2115.JPG
DSCF2116.JPG
DSCF2117.JPG
DSCF2118.JPG
iPhone Photos 004.jpg
iPhone Photos 003.jpg

In reference to my opening statement regarding modified Limiteds I must ask this to those who do modify them. Please, I'm not hate'n on what you're doing but instead trying to understand the method to the madness. Considering how many of each model Buick produced why would you "chew up" a very rare turbo Regal such as the Turbo T Limited? Why not get a Grand National or even a standard Turbo Regal?

Maybe I'm missing something and need an explanation. Can someone help me out?

I think that I may have refrained from modifying mine if the PO hadn't installed the GN wing on the back. That seemed to make it alright as it had already been modified.

So far I haven't done anything to the car that couldn't be reversed, other than the drilling of a few small holes.

~JM~

Well she doesn't look like this anymore...Kinda wish I left it this sleeper though!! LOL ohh well....Back when I bought "Oven" in 06' :)

wi51kl.jpg

b98um9.jpg

34htms9.jpg

Oh my God! I think I would cry if I saw that gray limited modified up. That is one gorgeous Regal Limited.... or at least it was.

Oh my God! I think I would cry if I saw that gray limited modified up. That is one gorgeous Regal Limited.... or at least it was.

Lol I feel your purist pain :p But I'll try my best to help you understand haha

I searched for a long time for a mint Turbo T....not a GN. Didn't matter if it was a limited or not. I found oven and she was perfect...built motor, not a spec of rust on any area, original paint. We are talking not even surface rust under the drivers floormat! The deal was too good to pass up. However a defective <500 mile Micky Thompson Et street blew up 5 seconds into a staging burnout and ripped all the paint off the passenger quarter. Why I Wont buy a MT ever again...I took pictures and sent the tire into Cooper tires who owned MT and they told me tire abuse...I guess Et streets can't do burnouts? Lmao Screw Mt...So with that came off everything to get stripped and painted. I simply just don't wanna restore all the chrome trim and will get rid of the body tabs and such. I can't afford two Turbo Ts so I'm going to make this one my dream car. (one solid color, no pinstripes or trim pieces) Had that tire never blew up I'd prolly have left it the way it was even though I despise chrome and pinstripes....it was COOL ugly to me. More so in my older age now :p The interior is NEVER being touched if that makes you sleep a little better :D

Like Dean, I've owned several turbo GM products from trailer queens to...well...a step below a trailer queen. lol. Two important things to remember with these cars:

1. The only way to make a small fortune preserving and collecting these cars is to start with a large fortune.

2. We only get one go around, so enjoy your time here. Unless going out to your shop/garage, flipping off a car cover, and ogling an odometer is your idea of fun, that probably means actually driving your car and maybe even *gasp* modding it.

I haven't painted the car yet though so I still have options. I know I don't want the chrome stripe through the door..had to wreck those to take em off any who. BUT....has anyone ever seen a limited repainted that had the chrome trim on the bottom of the doors powder coated or painted like the car? I'm swishing around ideas and am curious how that would look. Maybe I will put my photoshop skills to use.

92 option codes. C93 coach lamps should not have been available on a WO2 car. Believe only option not picked was block heater and digital dash. Burgundy bench pillow interior and stock trunk kit too.

Attachments

• 2012-05-22_15-54-58_961.jpg
    2012-05-22_15-54-58_961.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 253
Fresh painted frame, new bushings throughout, shocks, hr bar ball joints tie rods etc. basically frame off. Complete new drivetrain has 5600 miles, currently running 24.5 psi on pump with alky.

image-2934283610.jpg

image-2906656336.jpg

image-4151493697.jpg

image-2121554045.jpg