Let's see those AR's!

TURBO 6

Beer Snob
Staff member
eaa9285b.jpg

Here's mine, it's a Spikes lower with a DPMS upper. The optic is an Aimpoint knock off (nice quality for the money though). This is the first AR I built, looking to build another.

Here is my S&W flat top M4 i have been turning into my new hog killer! They don't stand a chance!

Attachments

• s&wm4.jpg
    s&wm4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 166
Bushmaster CARBON 15...... Now if you like to reach out and shoot something at 600+ yards!!
Carbon 15.jpg

How do you like that carbon 15? There's one for sale locally. I did a quick search and some guys weren't too happy with them.

You like that scope? It is 10x42 milspec with color changing cross hairs. I love the CARBON 15. After carry the A1, A2, A3, and M4 in my military service, this is like carrying a feather. Only downfall of this is that you can't put a BEOWOLF on it. . Go to budsgunshop.com, you can buy it with a red dot scope for $699... Check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

file://localhost/Users/marisolsalazar/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2012/01/12/20120112-143724/Image%201.jpg

Is it from your phone or camera? If on your PC, try saving it as a jpeg.

Ive tried from my iPhone and iMac but no luck. Just visualize a Colt LE6940 with a Eotech sight.lol

iPhone is to easy. Email it to yourself from your iPhone. As you email it, you will get the option to change the size. Open email on iMac and save to desktop. Now upload to TB

Bushmaster Superlight. Bushmaster basically put a Red Dot on an ORC and changed the name. Weighed it when I got it, came in at 5lbs. Stayed with that light theme and it weighs 5.9lbs as pictured(no rounds in mag). Every time I shoot it the damn thing does it's best to convince me I was shooting one of the big money AR's I have owned and sold, 'cept waaay lighter. I think I'ma keep this one even if I decide to get another "big name" one.
mustek digital pics 073.jpg

Hey guys.. ok so I'm sure I'm gonna sound like an idiot to you guys but what exactly is the upper and lower? I do enjoy my guns and love to hunt/shoot often but I have never really gotten into tactical/M&P kind of stuff.. my buddy got a Bushmaster not too long ago which is nice and I just got the new Cabelas home defense catalog and I saw they have a DPMS Tactical Kit for $999.99 so it got me thinking i might enjoy getting one for varmint/target shooting and stuff (also looked at S&W Sporter at budsguns).. I havent done much research but I think I would like to stay less than $1,000 bucks and would like iron sights but be able to add some optics if I wanted to later on, have the chrome lined barrel, etc. I have read that you can build one for significantly cheaper (and I am good with my hands) but what exactly do you need? I am worried slightly about clearances and things.. Can you guys explain to me or maybe refer me some information about how these guns are put together and give me some recommendations.. I appreciate it guys! Thanks!

-Rich

Most modern military copies have an upper part which consists of the reciever, bolt, and barrel assembly. The lower half has the trigger assembly in it. If you want to build one yourself then you will need quite a few tools to do it. The barrel is indexed and the bolts are made to a certain tolerance so that most of the time they'll work together without any headspace issues. It's better to buy an upper fully assembled so that you don't have to worry about getting the tools to headspace one though.

Headspace is the clearance the cartridge has with the bolt in full lock up so that there's room for the cartridge case to expand slightly when fired. To much and the case can split or worse. To little and the bolt won't properly lock so it can break or worse, blow back into your face. I've seen this happen before and the shooter was very lucky to say the least. He got pepered by case fragments and if he hadn't been wearing glasses at the time it's very possible he'd been blinded.