leak near front passenger side

T

TurbOlds

i have an 81 cutlass, when it rains, after a while i get a puddle on the passenger side floormat in the front. i know this is quite common but was wondering what was leaking and the best way to fix it. thanks

Check the rubber seal around your windsheild. Cheap way to fix-silicone, may not look(or smell)good but will stop it from leaking if it is the seal. Just a thought!:)

There is a seal on the vent on the right side of the car that pulls in fresh air. These seals go bad and leak just as you stated. My 66 rustang did this. HTH

ttype83 is right.. i have the same prob.. only when it rains long and hard and i donr drive teh car when its rainin.

I had some leaks around the heater/ac intake vent on my 78 Le Sabre. When I removed the vent I found some pinhole perferations in the metal under the seal. A coat of underseal fixed it.

Take off the chrome or black trim under the windshield wipers and look on the pass side next to the fire wall. There should be some factory caulking that is cracked. Rain water runs down the windshield into that crack and down onto the pass floorboard. Try that and see if it works.