lazy on the low end....someone help

wants a tr

home of the money sucker
took the car to the track on some new m/t dr's.

It would build boost very slowly at the line , and when i got say 7-10 lbs built up. i'd launch and the car wouldnt go anywhere. It was acting like it had no power.

Here's a run down.
212/212 roller
Champion heads
67 turbo
Precision 7 disk converter 3200-3400
55's
stock maf
red's chips

I've cut a 1.62 60' on this turbo and converter but with with just mildly ported heads.

only thing i've changed is the champions, port matched intake and port matched the headers.

The car's best 60' this outting was a 1.89. but it ran 116 mph on 18 lbs of boost.

It was rich in the beginning so i started to lean it out. i got it to low 700s on the 02s and it still wouldnt foot brake for crap.

Could the cam sensor be off a bit? i wasnt to sure about setting it.

Could the converter be broke?
- it drives around fine
-locks up thru the traps

the car is very lazy to about 10 lbs then screams like a freight train.

somebody give me something...

help!!!

thanks in advance...

Red's chips are always very rich down low....... this will slow down your spool and response in lower rpm ranges

I would try another chip

check for any exhaust or vacuum leaks also

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Check all connections. How was your intake alignment with the new heads? Had they been milled? I had a local car that wouldn't spool and it ended up being the stock plastic vacuum block on top of the throttle body. One of the nipples was cracked all the way through. It would idle fine but as soon as you transitioned to boost it would separate and leak.

p.s. AZGN is correct, Reds chips are rich down low, which slows spool significantly.

no exhaust leaks. will double check the vac leaks. i've replace all those rubber hoses on the vac block. had the problem b4. i think my main culprit is the chip. i'm gonna get a turbo tweak chip and try it again.

any other suggestions would be great, too.

thanks.

Intake lined up fine with the heads. they havent been milled as far as i know.