Launch boost higher than turn-on?

Twistin6

Anyone lauching at a higher boost say 10lb than the preset for a 3 bar map of 5lb initial turn on for Razors kit? Or did you adjust your turn-on to be higher than what your staged boost level is? I'm not figuring that it would be wise to be pumping alky down low for a given time seems it would get really fat on the bottom hurting spool-up. On the other hand if some of you are doing it with proven track results I'm all ears.

i do ten and higher and it doesnt hurt spool up at all. the pressure is so low that it wouldnt hurt. i get 1.6's and it rips out of the gate

Cool...Thanks for the reply I will leave it alone then and try it. Going to the track tomorrow.

I just connected a wire from my brake switch to a relay for the alky that keeps the alky spraying to a minimum while I am on the footbrake.

I was thinking the same thing, that it might hurt spool up. However, I never touched the alky turn on settings and I haven't run into a problem. 1.4s off the footbrake and transbrake. And thats with a dual nozzle leaving at 8-9 lbs.

The only thing that has affected my spoolup and launch is having too soft a spring in the external wastegate. Using a stiffer spring may help overcome some spool up issues I would have had. It might affect someone on a stock wastegate more, although I don't remember that being the case. Like the poster above said, with a progressive setup it might not be doing much to affect anything at the low boost. It probably doesn't help someone with too tight of a converter and leaky headers though.

I just connected a wire from my brake switch to a relay for the alky that keeps the alky spraying to a minimum while I am on the footbrake.

Thats a great idea if I run into issues. I will know more tonight going to test and tune. Thanks for all the input guys.