Late model 2-door Buckets

Tom Walker

Tommy2Tone
Has anyone here installed some late model 2-door buckets in a GN/T-type? I'd like some with height and lumbar adjustments. Wife's little, I'm big. Need comfort and adjustability. Need good ideas!

I've got Pontiac G6 buckets in my LS Maverick and Mitsubishi Mirage buckets in my LS Rambler swap. Four door cars have some nice seats, but they don't fold for rear seat access, so be aware of that. An easy way to see what a seat looks like is to search on E-Bay. They have some good deals too, but shipping is usually a killer...

I used the buckets out of a 2004 Grand Prix. I was hoping to fit the track for the six way power seat but it was about an inch too wide and wouldn't fit without some floor pan mods. I kept the tracks for a possible future project as the adjustability would be great.

I ended up bolting the seats to the old seat tracks, I had to take the Grande Prix seat apart and redrill the front hole so the track would bolt on. It is a much more comfortable seat with good lumbar support and side bolsters. Seat belted in you feel more secure the only downside was the car was a 4 door and the seats only flip forward to 90 degrees and makes access to the back seat difficult but not impossible. I will try and take some pics for you.

dsapper has GTO seats in his badass GN...
I also put 06 GTO seats in my GN. It fits but you have to do adjustments with the seat belts. The GTO seat has the seat belt connector hook to the seat, as you know the GN connector is on the floor...

Here's what 2005 G6 2-dr buckets look like in my LS-1 Maverick along with a pic of the 2001 Mitsu Mirage 2-dr buckets in my Rambler project.
100_1090s.jpg
100_2458s.jpg

I likes.^^^^^^^^^
I have a set of Starion seats in my Chevelle but they are not fat guy friendly at all.
I was going with GTP seats but i couldn't find a set local to me.

I am considering 94 up F-Body seats