Last South Side TR Cruise 9-26-10

Thanks Mike see you at Culvers.

Is the last TR meet at "Monee Reservoir Center" still on or has it been postponed for the "159th and Pulaski Car Show" instead?

Questions about the "159th and Pulaski Car Show"?

Ok I just saw the post Mike where you said your taking the GN.

I was wondering if there will be available parking, if we take our cars?

And if there is available parking for our cars does it require registering with the show or other wise you have to park at your own risk down the block? :eek::eek::eek:

Questions about the "159th and Pulaski Car Show"?

Ok I just saw the post Mike where you said your taking the GN.

I was wondering if there will be available parking, if we take our cars?

And if there is available parking for our cars does it require registering with the show or other wise you have to park at your own risk down the block? :eek::eek::eek:

No, you don't have to register for the show to park. They do have a big area for the car show. I suggest getting there as early as you can because I believe it's going to be packed. The area is not bad but parking around the area is not that good.

The "Last South Side TR cruise" has been postponed till Oct. 17 I will post a new thread first week in Oct. Thanks guys. The car show this Sun. will be really good for anyone who can make it.

WTF???

What do you need to get it running?

Some good rocker arm shafts...UPS tried to deliver Wed (I practically begged the distributor not to ship signature only) Signed the thing and stuck it back to my door so they could just leave it. No show thur, no show friday. I called UPS today and they said it's probably lost on the truck somewhere :rolleyes:. I then do a couple laps around the block looking for a UPS truck, spot one, and follow him til he stops. I ask repeatedly if he delivers to my block, but he just kept asking for the address and saying there was no delivery to that house today. I tried to explain to him over and over that the item never made it a couple days ago and i understood that there was nothing scheduled today and I wanted to know if he usually delivers to my block because if so my package was probably stuck on his truck. Do to a language barrier he just didn't seem to get it. He just kept saying no, I don't deliver there today. I then called UPS again and asked where my delivery guys truck is at, and when he started spitting out names of blocks I realized it was indeed Mr. Broken English's truck and tried to hunt him down again, but no such luck, which was probably better off because I was getting pretty pissed off by then.

TL;DR UPS sucks and their drivers don't speak english

The "Last South Side TR cruise" has been postponed till Oct. 17 I will post a new thread first week in Oct. Thanks guys. The car show this Sun. will be really good for anyone who can make it.
Well, I unburied the car for the "last meet" :frown:. And now I can't make it on the 17th :mad:. I might try to get to the Culvers the 26th. After that it's getting buried again and won't see the light of day until spring/summer 2011.

Jus' sayin'.

I'll keep my eyes out for the date ya'll select for a track day early 2011 and see if I can get it ready for that. Otherwise I'll have no motivation to get it done. I have a few other projects I need to get working on too that have been on the back burner for awhile now.

Some good rocker arm shafts...UPS tried to deliver Wed (I practically begged the distributor not to ship signature only) Signed the thing and stuck it back to my door so they could just leave it. No show thur, no show friday. I called UPS today and they said it's probably lost on the truck somewhere :rolleyes:. I then do a couple laps around the block looking for a UPS truck, spot one, and follow him til he stops. I ask repeatedly if he delivers to my block, but he just kept asking for the address and saying there was no delivery to that house today. I tried to explain to him over and over that the item never made it a couple days ago and i understood that there was nothing scheduled today and I wanted to know if he usually delivers to my block because if so my package was probably stuck on his truck. Do to a language barrier he just didn't seem to get it. He just kept saying no, I don't deliver there today. I then called UPS again and asked where my delivery guys truck is at, and when he started spitting out names of blocks I realized it was indeed Mr. Broken English's truck and tried to hunt him down again, but no such luck, which was probably better off because I was getting pretty pissed off by then.

TL;DR UPS sucks and their drivers don't speak english

If you are looking for stock rockers with HD shafts I some you can use. I ran into a problem that will take a week or two to get fixed. I dont use them. I just have them from an old setup I had.

Well, I unburied the car for the "last meet" :frown:. And now I can't make it on the 17th :mad:. I might try to get to the Culvers the 26th. After that it's getting buried again and won't see the light of day until spring/summer 2011.

Jus' sayin'.

Tim and Sal, thanks for coming out to the Culvers cruise last night. Nice having a few other Buicks around besides mine. The weather is telling us it's almost over. ( a little chilly out)

I'll keep my eyes out for the date ya'll select for a track day early 2011 and see if I can get it ready for that. Otherwise I'll have no motivation to get it done. I have a few other projects I need to get working on too that have been on the back burner for awhile now.

No problem Tim, I'll mention it to a few of the big guns on the south side and we all can figure a date. :cool:

Mike, it was good to see you at both shows Sunday. Sorry I didn't bring the car to 159 & Pulaski, thought it was going to rain, glad it didn't so I could get the car out for culvers.

Yeah, I'll post a thread and see if guys want to get together.

Well, I spun a bearing Monday night racing. Not mad though. It was a rebuilt hot air short block that took a ton of boost and liked it. Had way too much tire spin and toasted a rod bearing. Can't complain for $250!

When I get home I have to mount the accessory bracket and the stuff that goes on it, open up a hole in the flywheel to do the last converter bolt and put the test pipe on. What...you thought I ran out of spares? Yep, broke it Monday night runs again Friday night. Would of been done sooner but had a few friends to help on their cars and a day job to show up at. Plugs, oil, and filters tend to add up. Thank God for that!

The hardest part is the wash and wax on the 16th. I thought the meet was this Sunday...oops! See Mike, I'm trying !! Come on guys if I can be ready you can too. Now...if I can avoid breakage for 9 more days....

Well, I spun a bearing Monday night racing. Not mad though. It was a rebuilt hot air short block that took a ton of boost and liked it. Had way too much tire spin and toasted a rod bearing. Can't complain for $250!

When I get home I have to mount the accessory bracket and the stuff that goes on it, open up a hole in the flywheel to do the last converter bolt and put the test pipe on. What...you thought I ran out of spares? Yep, broke it Monday night runs again Friday night. Would of been done sooner but had a few friends to help on their cars and a day job to show up at. Plugs, oil, and filters tend to add up. Thank God for that!

The hardest part is the wash and wax on the 16th. I thought the meet was this Sunday...oops! See Mike, I'm trying !! Come on guys if I can be ready you can too. Now...if I can avoid breakage for 9 more days....

Jas, you are nuts! That street racing is insane.

Jas, you are nuts! That street racing is insane.

Mike, I feel ya. It was just four of us and the street is only an 1/8th mile race but a 1/4 long. No spectators. Its deserted at night and on weekends and well lit. Going to recheck the valves, cam sensor and make sure the power wires are out of harms way. After that, wash, wax take a cruise. :biggrin: