Largest Bore For A 109

well i wouldnt go anymore then .40 over but if you do go bigger make sure you get it sonic checked

I've seen .060 over, but as was mentioned..... sonic check will determine what the individual block will handle.

sonic check, sonic check that the answer, some will having trouble at .020 some can go .100+

QC was a true joke

not sure but i remember a post talking about either .060 or .080

.40 is the highest I have heard of with our blocks, and still be dependable. I know one builder that will not go that far...

Wow, has anyone ever sleeved one of these blocks? If so what was the diameter of the sleeve when they bored the block?

Wow, has anyone ever sleeved one of these blocks? If so what was the diameter of the sleeve when they bored the block?

Yes...me. I had to have the current block in my car resleeved when I sent a piston pin into the cylinder wall. I'm not sure how far it was overbored to fit the sleeve. I'd like to know if anyone's pushed it any more than .040...and if the pistons had to be custom made...or were off the shelf.

.40 is the highest I have heard of with our blocks, and still be dependable. I know one builder that will not go that far...

I heard that as well. However..... Don Cruz did mine .040 and was quite confident in the build. The block was sonic checked though.

I heard that as well. However..... Don Cruz did mine .040 and was quite confident in the build. The block was sonic checked though.

Sure CAN'T argue with that success:biggrin: Most will do .40 no problem, I bet we are talking the same one. Hard to argue there too, I guess it is a preference thing...

Maybe Don will chime in:biggrin:

I ran a .075" over 109 all season in 2008 in TSM. Best et was 9.28 and best mph 150 . It was hard blocked. Over 100 passes mid nines. It did crack #1 and #3 cylinder at the end of the season. I was running a stock fuel rail on it at the time. I believe if i hadn't starved those 2 cylinders for fuel it would have last many more passes. You have to sonic the block . Some blocks have lots of core shift some have none.

out of question but sence someone was talking about sleeves what if someone had sleeved and forged insides think it could push 40#'s plus of boost?

That Block Steve ran was a Jasper Block I bought out of an NA car in Salem at Quaker City

I just want one of those aluminum T/A blocks. I get this vision of polishing the block, heads, intake...... everything aluminum gets smoothed, polished and cleared. :cool: Of course it would have to haul arse too.