L67 into a 87 GN

Does the series 2 supercharged engines have the same mounting configuration as the RWD 3.8? And what about oil pans? Does the SC pan work or are we stuck with the Fbody pan? What kind of work goes into the header and crossover setup? Does the 86-87 acc brackets bolt up or do we have to use the SC bracket setup? How will the PCM and 200 OD trans work together? It sounds like a good plan for a solid engine. Roller cam, better internals, RELIABILITY, better ignition, the list goes on and on. SO if we were to use the series II SC motor, can we use the fbody 3800 intake? I'm sure a plastic intake won't work too well with 20+psi:rolleyes:

The link I sent you should tell you that you need an adaptor Jesse. You have to go with the last gen F body oil pan. The original design is the FWD bell and the info on the adaptor makes it fit the RWD tranny. You'll be suprised how well the plastic intake will work but the aluminum one is the better design.:biggrin:

I really want to do this to my car.
Any links to F-bodies putting down some serious numbers on a small budget with this Engine?

Does the series 2 supercharged engines have the same mounting configuration as the RWD 3.8?

Yes same block

And what about oil pans? Does the SC pan work or are we stuck with the Fbody pan? What kind of work goes into the header and crossover setup?

could use the SC pan, but the f-body oil pan is notched in the back side for the crossover pipe same as the GN oil pan

Does the 86-87 acc brackets bolt up or do we have to use the SC bracket setup?

have to use SC brackets

How will the PCM and 200 OD trans work together?

yes

It sounds like a good plan for a solid engine. Roller cam, better internals, RELIABILITY, better ignition, the list goes on and on. SO if we were to use the series II SC motor, can we use the fbody 3800 intake? I'm sure a plastic intake won't work too well with 20+psi:rolleyes:

my responses are in bold. f-body intake come plastic and aluminum, the pic of my L67 shows the 2 piece aluminum f-body intake

I really want to do this to my car.
Any links to F-bodies putting down some serious numbers on a small budget with this Engine?

tim King in his F-body went 8.99 @ 152mph 1/4 with stock block, crank and rods.

fastest Gp mat from zzp, 97 GP Gt twinturbo 8.65@158 1/4 with stock block, crank and rods.

link to a grand prix mostly stock big turbo and injectors made 624 FWHP http://www.oqcgp.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50333

the link above for the series 2 grand national was a project that Dave at triple edge transmission was involved with , Dave also did a 3800 sc in his own 86 cutlass and made his own adapter plate i believe I cant recall if he used a 700r ,t350/400 his page on that car is under construction but I would talk to him about fabricating an adaptor.

here is a link to his custom swaps page:

Custom Swaps

the stock intake options for those looking to go turbo would be the f body , the plastic series 2 NA FWD intake (L36) or the aluminum series 3 NA intake ( L26)

A friend of mine has a Holden intake from australia on his turbo fwd regal - australia got sc 3800's in rwd cars and they have some real screamers over there

there is also a stroker kit available from C.O.M.E. racing

the f bodies got the same block , crank ,rods as the fwd applications of the same model year but the pistons are higher compression (9.4 vs.8.5) , the pistons arent coated like the sc pistons are , and the sc heads have the injector bosses in them vs. bosses in the intake on the NA

the NA pistons also have thinner ring lands than the SC pistons so they are more prone to chipping between the thinner ring lands and lack of coating

a rock crawler with an L67 I am tuning has a 700r4 behind it - I will find out how he mated the 2 when I see him later in the week to do some bolt ons & a retune

Photo0192.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

I wonder if it could be done? Turbo1dr is running the fast start coil and module with the fwd front cover on his 87 LC2. Other than coil pack and crank trigger, what all could be so different, reverse rotation than the LC2 ?

Just wondering why the lc2 ecm would not work.

Very cool setup bro!

BW

please

please post updates/ and how you overcome installation issues. Trans/ ecm/ tune/ wiring/ etc.

Had a couple days off, finished the wiring harness, fuel system, have a chromemoly driveshaft installed, motor runs, a few odds and ends left should be ready to drive by spring

wow ! looks like your getting close to the light at the end of the tunnel... still planning to be driving by spring ?

it's first short drive & wash after its transplant:biggrin:

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 240
lots of fun to drive, motor is fresh only about 300kms, boost is set @ 9psi, WOT timming 15", WOT shift are @ 5000rpm for now until more miles are driven. was at Cayuga dragstrip for a car show and decided to try 1 pass 13.01 @105mph 043.jpg