Knowledgeable Harley members. Please advise

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
I’m looking at purchasing this Harley tomorrow and would appreciate all feedback.

I’m shooting for 10K

thanks
D

00s0s_8ZeSj9VM5cw_600x450.jpg
00C0C_hJCaQajTHYE_600x450.jpg

2008 Harley Davidson Fatboy (FLSTF). Bike is in great condition with 14,000 miles on it. Never been dropped or laid down, bike has been repainted "Nighthawk Black" which is in good condition but not perfect with minor blemishes on rear fender from the passenger seat and on right side of fuel tank. Mechanics of bike have been well maintained.

Upgrades include:

103" Zipper's "Sleeper Kit" with 575 degree cams
D&D "Fatcat" 2 into1 exhaust
Arlen Ness high flow air intake assembly
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner
Oil Bud brand oil cooler
Arlen Ness billet oil pressure guage
Transmission sprocket reduced from 32 to 30 tooth sprocket with new drive belt
18" Landmark MFG chrome "Fat 40" spoked wheels with Metzler Marathon tires (200 Rear, 140 Front)
Chrome Performance Machine 6 piston front brake with floating rotor, Chrome Performance Machine 4 piston rear brake with floating rotor
Harley Davidson 3" extended forward controls
1 1/2" adjustable rear lowering kit, 1" front lowering kit
Chrome lower fork legs
Burley Brand "Classic" 1 1/4" Cruiser handle bars with internal wiring.
Corbin Solo seat with Harley passenger seat
Harley Davidson saddle bags with built-in mounts
Harley Davidson Classic Style speedometer/tachometer
Harley Davidson footpegs
Kuryakyn Low profile LED tailight

Asking $11,500

thats a pretty decent deal. thats about wat they go for stock and he's got some tasteful mods done to it and the miles are relatively new. why was it painted tho?

I was thinking the same thing.
Tasteful mods.
Not sure on the repaint.
I ran the Vin in 2 separate agencies.
Came back clean.
After some research my concern was that I was looking for a 103 and this bike appears to be a 96 with the kit to make it a 103. The kits show pistons. He only mentions cams and such.
Just curious.
He also said there was head porting.
All work done at 7k miles. Seems it's been running fine for 7k more miles.

D

I've always been a little leery about modified HD's tho with anything other then cosmetic. even with every mod on the planet done its still an 800 lb tank and won't make much power. HD's aren't the most reliable bikes on the road but better then they use to be. a HD is about image and tradition not performance so imo if I were u I wud look at a low mile stock one. they will hold their value better especially since its been repainted.

if it was a Hayabusa, ZX-14, ZX-10, H2, BMW 1000rr etc.... I wud look for one modified already. not sure if I wud adopt the same attitude wen buying a used HD. but thats a personal decision.

Is it the stock speedo on it or after market?Is it the actual milage?True there are a lot of extras.10 G is all I would give for it.The prices or value isn't like it was 15-20 years ago.Ive owned all kinds of Harleys over 50 yrs.I also made sure I owned a truck w/planks for obvious reasons.I know times have changed since them days.I still see them hauled in for breaking down on the road.Good luck.

Just spoke with the guy.

I told him how the average price for his year bike was 9500.

He said his bottom line was 10k

Seems like a descent enough guy from talking with him.

Tomorrow we shall see.

I’m gonna take it for a ride and try to get it for 9500.

It’s an hour and a half drive each way.

He said his friend owns a body shop and offered to paint it for him and get rid of all the harley emblems.

It’s a honda nighthawk black with blue over tones. He said it looks really good.

D

Last edited:
So last night I had a talk with the guy and after voicing my concerns he says his bottom line was 10k

Today, as i’m getting ready to go look at it he calls and apologises saying his brother was going to take it.

Oh well. Back to the search for the right one for me.

Thanks for the help.

D

D if you havnt already try looking at Todd's motorcycles in Bellingham, bunch of nice used bikes.. toddsmotorcycles.com

Thats a nice deal for 10k. The 96" to 103" is a big bore kit. The same as the old 88 to 95 kit. The newer bikes have a weak crank bearing, it becomes an issue around 100rwhp. If it hasnt had any head work, then it will be a torque monster, but hp will be in the mid 90s. I wouldnt be worried about the mods. All of my Harleys have been heavily modded, and I never had any issues.

I find it funny that HD guys spend thousands to have a bike that makes the same HP as a dirt bike lol. I jus don't get it. I get the whole HD image thing but to go from really slow to slow just makes no sense to me....

This is what I have and love it 2014 HD Breakout
Legends air ride
Arlen ness stage one
all reflectors removed
Blackline tank cover
Bassini Pro street exhaust
Daymaker headlight
PM grips and pegs
IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg