Knocking is high 3rd gear...

DrkBluT-TyPe

1986 Buick Regal T-Type
Don't have a boost controller yet, but its on its way. My guess was the boost was too high...or the boost creep in high 3rd was causing some knock. knock ranges from .5-3.5 . I just turned down boost but am not going out in the heat/humidity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Set to 19# with alky...spikes to 22.
93 octane pump
I don't know what chip...i believe one thats tuned for the car to run 22psi like it was. Will find out soon.

Find out what chip, it probably doesnt have enough timing in it and you are running a tad rich.
I run my SMC at position #6, and 28° in first and 25° on the top end, and only 20psi at the track.

A guy called me this morning and had 20° of retard on a red armstrong 93 chip last week, all he did was change to erics chip and now gets no knock, he couldnt dial in his alky with the reds chip.
What alky kit, DIY?
BW

SMC Alky. I have been thinking about buying Eric's chip, but I am clueless on the chip thing, is their anything you have to tune on it? Or just just pop it in and away you go?

Its never ending on dialing these cars in, change in temperature can make the car rich one day and lean the other.
Erics chip does make it a tad easier, you can adjust wot timing and wot fueling to get the car set right just by using your ac controls.
Find out what chip you have, it may already have a good chip in it.

What is your base fuel pressure, what setting do you have the controller set to, and are you running water,denatured, or mix?
BW

Well, turns out I do have eric's chip already! So i guess I already have a good chip :D . Base fuel pressure is 35. And as for the controller...Pump speed was at 8.5 and the spray on point knob about 1/4 turned...I may be running rich but im not for sure. I will try turning my dial down to about 6-7 and see what happens.

what do you o2's lock to when wide open in top of third thould be 780's to 820's try base fuel pressure of 42 and turn the alky to 5 and see where it puts u.. if i were you i would get good tools for tuning if you are goin to be all out with it before you end up with the motor problems.

turbotoy

Turns out was something wrong with the motor all along...its a motor with 140k+ miles on it. I'm going to turn down the boost or park it in the garage until I have time to find/fix whatever may be wrong. Maybe i will just get a brand new engine and make it into a real nice/clean weekend car.

sure there is something wrong with the motor?
If you have a good chip, then the car should be running right.

sup with the motor?
BW

Humidity+heat+140k mile motor = No driveing! lol Ima just cruise it til I have the money to do what I want with the engine. Thanks for the help!