Knock sensor, Dead??

GTABurnout

Ok well just took the car out last night for the first time in like 2 weeks. Just put on one of Razors Alky kits and I was easly running 18-19 pis on crappy 91 winter Arizona Gas. Love the kit.

Any ways I park it and then get back in it to leave and the freaking knock guage in the car is doing laps. You know green, yellow, red, green.... But my scanmaster is reading no knock. Just freaking driving the car creats the lap thing to happen. Well I was wondering if it could be the knock sensor that went out or if its loose or what I haven't had a chance to check it out yet so just picking brains. Also where can I get a new sensor if this one is in fact dead??

Thanks for the help and if your looking in to Alky seriously look in to Razors kit, well worth it in my book.

Originally posted by GTABurnout
Just put on one of Ravens Alky kits

Do you mean Razor's alky kit?

I would trust the SM2 before that gauge. Try tapping near the sensor with someone watching the SM and see what you get.

HTH
Bo

Razor, Raven its all the same at 4 am...

I Will try that but first dumb question where is the knock sensor...?

Pull your coil pack and module out of the way and look down the back of the block....got a wire sticking out of it.
Caution......Dont tap directly on it.

Bo

I dunno.. I dont use a knock guage. I do use the scanmaster. It is dead on nuts..

Glad you liked the kit.. Check to see if there is a reset procedure for the knock guage. I've read something like this before somewhere..i'll see what I can dig up.

At 20 PSI I doubt you'll see any knock with alky.. up the boost some and watch the scanmaster. Sometimes blowing the tires away will give a little knock. From a dead stop just mash the pedal, see if the scanmaster picks up anything.

Alky damages knock sensors :D

If you find the problem, post it.

Julio

well drove it today and the knock problem seems to have been the loose exhaust system.

Razor all I know is that I haven't tested the new chip yet and I am no where near the edge so I am happy.
Should have done a Alky kit months ago but then again I would have had to settle for lesser if I got it too long ago...;)

Thanks for all the help if you want some pics of the install let me know I would be happy to be a car on your website..

Hunter,
Would be an honor to have your car on the site.. Wait till you get it squared away.. you will love the top end pull.

Send em to this email, I have a bunch of space there.
alkycontrol@att.net