knock retard

Duke

Getting no knock reading on my powerlogger even when tapping on on the intake. have replaced sensor and ohmed wire to esc and power and ground to esc. can the powerlogger show a trace on the graph and still be working correct? have turbotweak sd chip.

I have tried most everything, new sensor etc. now wondering if the powerrlogger is not right, egt has never been right. Hopefully Bob will have some input. the powerlogger has been a great tool amazing how one input loss can be so important. I do run way rich onthe top end, so cross my fingers and hope.

I do run way rich on the top end.
If you're saying this because your narrow band o2 sensor is reading above the widely accepted 780 number,you need to know that that number means nothing. Until you have a wide band you're just guessing.

I have tried most everything, new sensor etc. now wondering if the powerrlogger is not right, egt has never been right. Hopefully Bob will have some input. the powerlogger has been a great tool amazing how one input loss can be so important. I do run way rich onthe top end, so cross my fingers and hope.

Same old song and dance. No data in you signature means any comments here are nothing but a wild ass guess. Wild ass guesss' mean you are going to throw you money away chasing down the unknown. I have been there and done it. Brad

What does me telling what pistons etc I have got to do with an 87 buick knock sensor??? I am asking for any info on trouble shooting or previous problems people have had with the 87 3.8 code 7 knock sensor system !! Same old song and dance my patutti. If you dont have anything constructive {pertenant} to say go polish yer freakin Buick.

Not displaying knock is not an issue with powerlogger. That type of data is read directly form the ECM, so PL will only show what the ECM is seeing. When you installed the new knock sensor, what did you torque it to?

As per my conversation with john spina ..tap knock sensor DIRECTLY not block and if you have a scanmaster it will show knock.