Knock guage lighting up but nothing on sm

Toxic Donkey

I have what I have been told is an old Kenne Bell style knock guage, it has a series of yellow and red leds in a row with one big green one that stays on constant when nothing is wrong. I have recently installed a scanmaster and am still learning my way around it and tuning my first tr. Yesterday I noticed that on the interstate when I got downon it the knock sensor ent to red, and one other time went to yellow. wile this happened the scanmaster never registered any kr. this confuses me. The car has 60# injectors, alky, tt 5.6 burnt for 93, I am not sure what turbo but as per boost guage it seems to be set aroun 16# boost. Ihavent seen the guage light up like this since I bought the car and found the chip installed was for 110 oct. once I put the 93 chip back in it never did it again(I did not have sm at that time. The fuel press seems to be right, it is at 42# with the vac hose off. The car has recently run out of gas(guag or sending unit must have flaked) but nothing else out of the ordinary. Any idea why the knock sensor might register but not sm?

The fuel senders on these cars are notoriously inaccurate. Don't run it down low. Might want to raise the fp to 43 as well. I've heard the KB sensors were more sensitive than what shows on the SM. Make sure you have a full tank of alky too...

Ok will turn it up a bit, I have an accufab to install anyway. Is there something else to use for piece of mind other than kr on sm?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2