Knew this guy I guess his luck has finally run out..

Izzy Performance. Once of the guys on here has a twin turbo El Camino tuned by Izzy , at least I remember reading that. Irwindale isn't too far away from Chatsworth, why not just go to a real track? I know the whole "street car" is being promoted pretty big by "street outlaws", but come on... That TV show is set up on a closed road.
Then you look at all the idiot spectators standing ON the street the cars are about to race down, that is downright ignorant. Nobody deserves to get hurt, but standing on basically the race track is only asking for trouble. The whole incident is sad, and more than 2 people are going to lose their lives because of bad decisions.

Supposedly the owner of the Stang that crashed killing 2 was the person starting the race.
Izzy did some work on my Cad '09 CTS-V and him, his crew, and Tom did a great job on both the
work & the tune. 640 RWHP & 613 RWTQ on 91 pump & 680 RWHP & 640 RWTQ on 47% E85.

well if anyones dumb enough to stand on the side of the road while ppl street race and put ur life in the hands of two racers then thats on you.

well if anyones dumb enough to stand on the side of the road while ppl street race and put ur life in the hands of two racers then thats on you.
Agreed,
As a kid 15-16 years old the farthest forward i would stand when watching the races at Fountain Ave (Vandalia st.) was inline with the front bumper and yet i was all the way on the sidewalk with parked cars between me and the race cars.
I see NO victims in this accident. I do see plenty of stupid mofos.

Yep they'll charge him. I read he's claiming he wasn't driving and was at his shop. There will be plenty of witnesses to back him up or confirm he was driving. It's a sad deal.

This kind of thing is happening everywhere and it was only a matter of time at these power levels on the street. I did it when I was young 25 years ago and that don't make it right but we were playing with 300 HP not 800+ like most of these guy's today.

I don't care what anyone say's that's too much power on the street to be jacking around like that. I still play a little with my cars on the street who doesn't but if you're stupid enough to line up and race with people out in front of your car you deserve to go straight to jail.

Just F**K*** stupid.

So, the other guy killed the spectators and they are both going down for murder?
yea I don't quite get that if that is true. its one thing to be the get-away driver in a robbery that got someone killed but simply being the "Other" driver in a race that got some idiot spectator killed cause the other driver sux is weak imo.

how do u murder someone who is there to participate and or watch in the same competition ur in. thats retarded! murder is a joke but if their statute is written to include the mere fact that someone was street racing and therefore someone gets killed during the event then that equals murder. that wud be really weak if Cali wrote their statute like that.

here in CT the racing itself wud b a Misd crime not a felony. I wud think in Cali street racing is a felony but but where is ur intent to kill? ur nonetheless punishing someone else for some idiot who can't drive is moronic imo.

Well if you're committing a crime with another person and someone gets killed as a result of your crime you go down even if you didn't pill the trigger. Accessory

These two will have a laundry list of charges against them and they will make an example out of them.

Glad I grew up when I did all the things we used to do & was never considered a felony. Someone killed in a drag race isn't what I would call premeditated murder that's a bit of a stretch. Someone needs to get punished but when you chose to be involved even as a spectator of an illegal event you take your chances.

Well if you're committing a crime with another person and someone gets killed as a result of your crime you go down even if you didn't pill the trigger. Accessory

These two will have a laundry list of charges against them and they will make an example out of them.
so if I was aware a bank robbery was taking place at a certain time and place and wanted to see it go down and as a result I get run over as the get-away car flees the scene u think that wud be murder?

lmao.... the MURDER statute requires INTENT. there is no intent here which is why they have alternative charges to crimes that result in death. negligent homicide, manslaughter etc.....

I think the media is using improper language again for ratings. This would classify under involuntary manslaughter.
O.J. actually murdered .....This is a very different situation.

so if I was aware a bank robbery was taking place at a certain time and place and wanted to see it go down and as a result I get run over as the get-away car flees the scene u think that wud be murder?

lmao.... the MURDER statute requires INTENT. there is no intent here which is why they have alternative charges to crimes that result in death. negligent homicide, manslaughter etc.....

You may be correct and the law official's in that state have no clue what they're talking about??? We'll have to wait and see what the final charges turn out to be. They might consider the vehicle a weapon based on the fact that they were racing??? At any rate they are linking the other driver to the crime whatever it may be.

These are serious times with serious penalties. A song comes to mind right now. "I fought the law and the law won" There are many people in jail reciting their version of the legal system. I wish them luck.

Last i heard he made bail and it looks like he will be charged with INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER which is more likely to stick if they can place him behind the wheel.., still, if he gets convicted he is looking at some hard years..

Previously, all were booked with murder because all were charged with "Organizing or promoting an illegal race".