Killed a '94 Mustang 5.0L supercharged

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Finally got the car back together the other night, drag slicks, longer wheels studs, and got my liquid intercooler back in...

Cruising around, not much action around town, when I come up behind a nice looking, '94 Mustang with the old 5.0L in it. Had some gauges, a wing, rims, and BF drags on her.

Managed to get a light, no traffic around. Just had enough time to look over, get and give "the nod".

Tried to build some boost, but was VERY slow to react. Launched with maybe 1 pound of boost, sounds like he missed his launch too, as neither of us punished the tires! LOL

We're neck and neck for the first 30KPH, when my boost FINALLY reaches 20#. Tires screamed just a bit, and I put about 1/2 a length on him.

He slowly made up some ground, but as soon as he shifted, he'd fall back into his rightful place..... Behind me! Shut her down around 125KPH, slowed down, big smiles all around.

WE pulled over at the Chapters had a good chat. That's when I found out his motor was pretty beefed up. Forged internals, stud kit, supercharged, (Can't remember what kind) dynoed at 425 at the rear wheels.
He also had a 50 shot of NOs he says wasn't on. Nice guy, good kill. I would have decimated him if my boost would climb quicker, that's for a different section/thread. (Prob a vacuum leak, haven't tried sourcing it out yet)