Kibler's Qualified for L/S!!

Dusty Bradford

Looks like Richie is running his first Limited Street race this weekend in Piedmont and is qualified with a 5.193 at 136 mph. We'll see how he picks up in elims......there is a lot left in that combo.

Darrin Hoyle ran 4.75@156 in Limited Street. Thats going to be tough for anyone in that class to deal with.

Richie will go 4's soon when he gets a handle on the car. L/S is full of bad ass rides so it's a tough field to run in.

I hope he does but Hoyle is pretty far out there, he better have a whole lot left in it. Those huge cubic inch nitrous Fulton engines are no joke!

Richie has a lot left if the boost levels are about where I think they are.

The V6 went faster than 5.19 so Id have to assume there was some left.

Richie has a lot left if the boost levels are about where I think they are.

The V6 went faster than 5.19 so Id have to assume there was some left.

I agree with Jay, if you just go by turbo ratings he should pick up at least 400hp.

well guys

I did run a 5.16 @ 141 in first round with no problems(I thought anyway). Got in the car to go run sec. round and the trans was broke. Plantery's had second gear right but I was going to run Hoyle Just I just sayed at the fence and watched. I did have high gear right but did not go up there Guess what ? Holye backfires that 700 plus inch motor and had to be pushed off the line. Thats what I get for not going to the line like a dumb ass! I have had problems like this after every pass on the car, but some time the bugs have got to leave me alone!
Dusty I dont think I will make the race this weekend, I told my self I would go if I had it running a 5.0's or better and I think that next pass would have been it. I think I have the chassis about right lowered the car another 1 1/4 boy that things looks good now. But I just dont have the money or the time to bust ass and get it ready this week.
richie

I did run a 5.16 @ 141 in first round with no problems(I thought anyway). Got in the car to go run sec. round and the trans was broke. Plantery's had second gear right but I was going to run Hoyle Just I just sayed at the fence and watched. I did have high gear right but did not go up there Guess what ? Holye backfires that 700 plus inch motor and had to be pushed off the line. Thats what I get for not going to the line like a dumb ass! I have had problems like this after every pass on the car, but some time the bugs have got to leave me alone!
Dusty I dont think I will make the race this weekend, I told my self I would go if I had it running a 5.0's or better and I think that next pass would have been it. I think I have the chassis about right lowered the car another 1 1/4 boy that things looks good now. But I just dont have the money or the time to bust ass and get it ready this week.
richie

Richie,

Sorry about the tranny, at least it seems everything else is close.
Good luck and please give us updates! =)

Any video???

I don't think I'll make it to Carolina. We got a ton of work to do at work so I may be there most of the weekend. I want to fix my sway bar and make some passes Sunday at Huntsville if I don't have to work.

Sorry about the round with Hoyle. I always try to make it to the line if I can just because of that.

I don't think I'll make it to Carolina. We got a ton of work to do at work so I may be there most of the weekend. I want to fix my sway bar and make some passes Sunday at Huntsville if I don't have to work.

Sorry about the round with Hoyle. I always try to make it to the line if I can just because of that.

You fixed the car already?!?!

Did you already do the head swap too?

You fixed the car already?!?!

Did you already do the head swap too?

Car is fixed...new heads and intake are at my house but it will be a while before the swap. Got to swap pistons, cam, lifters, possibly rods, build new headers, have intake converted to EFI......

If I race this weekend it will be with the same combo.

Car is fixed...new heads and intake are at my house but it will be a while before the swap. Got to swap pistons, cam, lifters, possibly rods, build new headers, have intake converted to EFI......

If I race this weekend it will be with the same combo.

Do I really need to ask for pictures?:rolleyes:

did GM ever make a SB2.2 intake or are they all custom?If I remmember right the cam and valve sequence is backward to a normal SBC. I bet a guy could of picked parts for one cheap years back as I dont recall them ever catching on much when the 2.2 was released.

They do make an intake for them. The intake runners are mirror port like a Ford so the cam lobes are relocated.

I'll post pics of my heads.