KEVINS' setup worked for me.

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
Kevin helped me setup the IC and control arm relocation. I made brackets to lower the mounting location of both the upper and lower front mounting areas and he helped to get the holes in the right spot for the proper IC and anti-squat. The car went from running a 1.69 60' last year to running a worst of 1.555 this year launching with the same amount of boost. My best run last year with the same setup was a 11.23 @ 121 with a 1.69 60'. The first run off the trailer was am 11.16 @ 120 with a 1.55 60'. I then contiued to tune it some more and ended up running 5 10 second with the best being a 10.84 @ 123.8 mph with a 1.52 60' time.

Kevin still says the car needs better shocks and we'll get it into the 1.4's. I beleive him.

I just wanted to publicly thank Kevin for his help. At first I thought he was crazy, now I see he knows what he's talking about.

Originally posted by Doug Jacobson
At first I thought he was crazy, now I see he knows what he's talking about.

I'm still crazy tho..:D We'll tune on it some more when you're ready Bud!!

ks

Ancient Chinese secret:D...Just kidding:D:D

I don't remember what the final numbers were. Our preliminary numbers said to lower the uppers 2.75" but after we drilled new holes for the uppers and lowers the measurments didn't graph properly so new holes were drilled and I don't have those new numbers anymore.. Doug has the new graph tho...

ks:confused:

Kevin, this is all I got off of the last document you sent me.

Upper rear----- 18 3/4
Upper front---- 17 1/2
Lower rear----- 9 13/16
Lower Front--- 9 1/2

The graph didn't show up on the adobe.

Excellent!

I take it those are Z's (height) from the ground... are the arms shortened/lengthened at all?

I've got adjustable uppers that I plan to use in a similar setup as yous guys. Thne I want to use the arms to adjust pinion angle to roughly -2 degrees. (seems to be what my car likes)

For pinion angle: I did a coast down test to figure what setting the drivetrain had the least resistance in, then dropped it 2 degrees to guesstimate displacements of bushings under loads.... suprise suprise -2degrees pinion is where I ended up. Guess I just like to do a lot of work to see if what everyone else says applies to my car or not. :)

The last graph I made was prolly from my 4-Link calculator and not done on my CADD station.. I think it is just a jpeg or bmp file..

Those values are the distances from the ground up to the bolt mounting positions for Dougs car.

ks

thanks fellas.. I'll try to crank some numbers and see what I come up with.... I took measurements of my car.... their here somewhere..... hmmmm... at any rate I appreicate the data, and I'm looking forward to the results.