Kenne-Bell Chrome MAF Pipe

I,just a week ago,cut the wurly gig out. I also replaced head gaskets,but didn't change chip settings or boost controller settings. My boost went from 20 to 17. I find it hard to believe that the gig did this but I want to know for sure. It makes a whole new level of noise when I let off the throttle without the gig in the pipe.

What does that thing in there do? I have one on the shelf but the chrome is messed up.

its like a tornado.... it swirls the air to get rid of turbulance.... i think the late Bruce P (RIP).. did some testing with tornado type devices... maybe somebody else will chime in.

i have a Kenne Bell catalog that has a description i will have to find it... i think they also had an up pipe that had a reservoir to cycle ice water to help keep the charge cool o_O

What does that thing in there do? I have one on the shelf but the chrome is messed up.
It probably restricts the efficiency of the compressor,but it was advertised as a method of helping the turbo to spool up faster. I just cut mine out and noted lower boost so I want to test it.
How much?

It probably restricts the efficiency of the compressor,but it was advertised as a method of helping the turbo to spool up faster. I just cut mine out and noted lower boost so I want to test it.
How much?

Let me pull it out tomorrow and take pics so you can see it, it's pretty ugly.