kaaboom

85 TR

well if i hadnt already posted it i believe a main bearing let go . But i am just curious what u guy's think of running a basic 400 $ rebuild kit with 8.5 pistons . I want to run some high 11's, is this cool or should i wait and bust the money and run good pistons and rings and balance everything. The buick has to be on the road this year to shut up my dsm friends

just curious if youall thought a stock bottom end rebuild would be unuff to run high 11"s gotta mention the maf was only reading likd 190 at 200 so the maft should help quit a bit if i hook it up

thaks for the reply

This would also be on the te33 alltho it is ported to **** ,30 # inj with meth inj . trying to be the first to push a 33 into the 11's (unless it has been done and i havnt heard bout it) and i think i may have a chance

please help the dsm is quickly becoming faster the the buick and that is not allowed

thanks for responses thanks

thanks for the offer but ill probly just rebuild my ow with shipping all the way cross the country itle be way cheaper to rebuild my own

thanks tho

ready for a long one?

if you are running low 11's on a 33 turbo (IC or No IC?) you will need at least 50# injectors, cam, 2800 stall min converter, and quite honestly, I have never seen a flat tappet stock hot air running lower than 12's...The only two or three I have heard of were rollers....I wanted to run a roller set-up real real bad, but the cost was a little to deep than my pockets could hold....I have donated all of my hot air parts to my twin brother for his project, which will be a modest 12 sec car...but the possibility of him running 12's is questionable with the set-up he is building....listed here:

ATR up/down pipes, poston headers, 204/214 cam, 100lb springs, ported heads, intake, alky, bored TB and turbo compressor (stock turbo currently, and boring done by Jerryl ;) ) Adj wastegate, walbro 340 pump with adj regulator, 42.5 injectors, and a few chips to try out, and a few other odds and ends that I am forgetting at the moment. Most of these parts were mine, up until i figured my brother's car was more complete than mine, was better looking, and just all around an easier project on the wallet...

My plans for 11's included most of the same, but actually, here is my list:

DAVE WEBER custom roller cam/timing set, front cover, lifters, pushrods, and seals....that cost about 1600 from him last year (i couldnt get the $$$)
Roller rockers, Roller cam button, HV oil pump, with remote cooler, shortblock blueprinted and balanced, trw forged pistons,, stock turbo crank, heavily ported irons, race-ported intake

dual alky injectors, 60 # motron fuel injectors
87 computer, maf, translator, 87 coil, direct scan
caspers injector harness, walbro 340
Accufab adj regualtor
Poston headers, ATR up-pipe, Mease 3" DP, 3" dump pipe, with single shot out the rear for those emissions,

TA54 turbo, bored TB, plugged coolant lines
rebuilt trans by dynotech
3200 stall converter

With all that, and then some, I was not running IC, and I was still questioning the possibility of running 11's.....Since then, I have purchased a 1987 GN with the IC motor, and I am going to build that one up in the future.... Right now, I just want a perfectly running stock car to start with, and work my way up from there....If my car is not running perfect, than I can only expect less than perfect from there on....so....

I have sold most of my major performance parts to reciprocate the $$$ back into my brother's project, and so far, we are just looking for a few odds and ends to finish up the motor....I have the short block completed, sitting my shop, and I just sent out $$ to get a turbo....Other than that, a few little things need to be finished up and his car is done! hopefully we will have two easy 13 sec cars to toy with, and as soon as I get my raise in the summer, the parts will be bought, and the following winter will be the heavy mods!!!

As per your mods, please list all you have and lets see if you can really pull the 11's!!! I know for a fact that there is a wonderful person on this board who has been nothing but wonderful to me in my quest for 11's.... ;) jamie My problem has always been the $$$, and I just finished paying off my college, and now I have a house to worry about, so as usual, the buick stays on the back-burner for odds and ends. Trubo6X2 and Lee Thompson are the GURU's, and if you post your combo, righ away they will let you know what you can achieve, because they most likely already tried it.Good luck, and let me know if I can help in any way!

John

Forgot to show you-pic of my motor as it sits waiting for the intake and turbo.....everything else is ready!

Attachments

• richs motor 008.jpg
    richs motor 008.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 54
  • richs motor 012.jpg
    richs motor 012.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 50
  • richs motor 022.jpg
    richs motor 022.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 47
  • richs motor 025.jpg
    richs motor 025.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 49
only thing i think not in my sig is postons valve springs and there small cam like 204/204 or somthing dont remember also have a, ported tb to be put on and am planning on relocating my tb, i know the inj are small thought i might be able to get close with a nuff meth ?? guess well see if i get it back together in time ill let yall know