K&N vs Spectre or other

T-Type85David

OK OK i get that everyone here(most) use the K&N but anyone have anything to say about other brands out there like ............spectre or....................uhh haha S&B ha, but peeple what are you running?? PIC WOULD BE GREAT(custom intakes) would be better, always good to see fresh ideas or what have you.

I run a customized air intake and use the filter that Tin Man provides which is not a K&N filter.

I just got an AMSOIL air filter.
A lot more expensive, but I have to belief it will be better based on my research.
We'll see.

I run a 9" K&N cone that is right below the drivers side head light:cool: . going to make a scoop that will force the air to the intake.

I was thinking of doing the same as for your scoop. I was planning on using this eBay Motors: Car Auto Hood Air Scoop Decorative Bonnet Vent Cover B (item 300262099115 end time Oct-03-08 21:40:36 PDT) turn it upside down, fab up something to where it goes into a 3'' pipe. Maybe home depot it (dyer exhaust box) cut out what i need. Put those together, then some how mount it under the car. Run a tube from the 3'' scoop part to the air fitler, but the air filter needs to be an inverted type. Spectre sells a adaptor to put a hose into the filter top part, or a slicone that size will work. KINDA LIKE THIS Spectre Performance - Official Site but IDK its an idea i had thought about but what do you guys think. sure its may or may not help with power but in theory should ram more air in the filter right, which would give more power(Some) what do you guys think? sure its been done but again idk