Just Purchased What mods come first?

01BlackGS

Just purchased a 01 Buick GS with only 3,600 miles got pretty lucky. What Mods should I do first. Bought this car for my wife and thought it would be pretty cool to see her whip these little rice burning tuner cars with the garbage can size opening for a muffler. any suggestion and are there any other great web sites such as this one for our cars.

Yes, that would be http://www.clubgp.com/forum/ and
http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/frame.htm

By the way, we got our '99 Regal GS for my wife about a month before the birth of our son because we wanted a fast 4-door with a roomy trunk. This is her daily work commuter/daycare shuttle (she's a white collar professional, always on the go) and she loves beating up Mustangs left & right. She has even related stories about beating up on Lexus IS300s or BMWs while out during lunchtime...with two of her co-workers in the passenger seats. She also runs 11.50s in the GN so she appreciates having "go power" when required.

"Her" car has: 160 t-stat, custom "stealth" 4" cold air intake with 9"x4" K&N cone I fab'd using parts from my various GN projects (it runs THRU the factory airbox and into the drivers side fenderwell; you can't see it, but you can hear it!), hot-wired fuel pump (like the GN), custom cat-back exhaust with u-bend/resonator delete and 3" to 2.5" tubing to factory muffler (stealthy), NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .055". AFPR (I don't use it much, but it's there if I want to), manual fan switch I figured out for the '99, 1/2 the hood seal is removed, engine cover off, and 3.4 or 3.25 pullies. Car has run a best of 14.22 @ 98.1 into a hot headwind at Fontana/CA Speedway on the OEM front tires deflated to 22 psi and the rears upped to 45psi.

As far as "what to do first": replace the OEM air filter element with a K&N panel, swap in a 160* or 180* t-stat (takes 15 minutes since it's right on the top of the motor and EZ to get to, make sure you bleed the cooling system correctly after reassembly), remove the u-bend and resonator from under the car and replace with 2.5" tubing (this requires an 02 sensor be "reclocked" to clear the floorpan), a set of NGK TR55 plugs (one range colder than stock) gapped at .055", and a 3.4" pulley with a slightly smaller drive belt (the belt is available at NAPA, I have the P/N in the garage).

Hope this helps,
Morgan
'87 GN (11.19 @ 120)
'99 Regal GS (14.22 @ 98.1)
'67 GS California (beautiful original)
'96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Collector's Edition LT1 (my gentleman's Impala SS)

Well I was originally going to post pics of the car in question.

Does anyone know how to post a pic on here? Most forums have a browse button at the bottom when replying.