Just purchased 86 GN with 4k miles

First I'm gonna start off with a 4k mint original paint all original

Then I'm gonna paint it orange, put a lambo door kit on it , pull the motor take it apart spend 20k on it , take out the Trans and put a ford aod in it
Finish it off with some 22" and a battery in the trunk
Then when I'm all done I'm gonna sell it for 400.00

First I'm gonna start off with a 4k mint original paint all original

Then I'm gonna paint it orange, put a lambo door kit on it , pull the motor take it apart spend 20k on it , take out the Trans and put a ford aod in it
Finish it off with some 22" and a battery in the trunk
Then when I'm all done I'm gonna sell it for 400.00
I'll give you $297.00 for it!!!

Tdishon said:
Well, I have been enjoying all the responses. Nobody needed me to respond, this threat gained a life of it's own. lol

Here is the deal:

I bought the car at the RKM auction in Pinehurst NC . Lot#18.

I actually live 4 miles away from Nick Micale of ArizonaGN. Meeting with him tomorrow to make an agenda. I bought the car to enjoy it, not sit and look at it and hope it raises in value so I can make some money on it someday. It's not an investment vehicle and hardly any cars are (good) investment vehicles...

Having said that, I do appreciate all the legitimate responses. I’ll keep this thread going with pics and what upgrades are done. I am sending the transmission out to Extreme Automatics. I think Nick will have some good advise of what to stay away from. Baer disk brakes on all four corners is a must along with a Tallon hydroboost.

Thanks for laughing with us
Post all your pics
And ask questions
Lots of cool guys on here

I have had a very good experience on here so far. My history is mainly restomodding c1 corvettes. I have always loved the GN's and love that most people have no idea what they are.

Post some pics !!

I know you have to have at least one!!

Let see it!
Btw I'm a BIG pro touring guy myself
Especially mopars

Tdishon said:
It's all good.

Shhhhh....the OP's back!!!

Ok...I think you can tell by the 6 pages...we really don't think you should mod the car. Sell it, and buy a modded car. Leave the little piece of history alone.

earlbrown said:
I said to mod the shit out of it! If you want a car to look at, buy a poster!

If it were his ONLY option to have a car...I would agree. He obviously has a little coin. He bought a 4k mile car and has 15k to invest. He doesn't HAVE to use THIS car. He has endless choices in the world of Turbo Buicks.
LEAVE THE 4K MILE CAR ALONE.

If it were his ONLY option to have a car...I would agree. He obviously has a little coin. He bought a 4k mile car and has 15k to invest. He doesn't HAVE to use THIS car. He has endless choices in the world of Turbo Buicks.
LEAVE THE 4K MILE CAR ALONE.
I'm with ya coach!

OP If you really wanna yank the power master in favor of a hydroboost I will take it off your hands!

I totally get your point OP. But I would think long and hard before you go tearing into a 4K car in order to highly modify. Would be a bunch easier and cheaper to purchase a car already done up. Much shorter road to success. As a bonus, you would've saved a relatively rare car.

Obviously your deal and one would argue if you go about it right you'll end up saving a piece of history either way.

However, there are many who place much value on original.

Either way hoping you have fun along the way.

Think about it though.

It is a lot of time and money and frustration that could be saved on your side.

Joel

At the end of the day these cars are meant to be driven, were not taking them with us to the grave, however alot of us like to preserve an unmolested car for the future either for us or the next buyer who you would hope to do the same to it.
Unfortunately not every guy has the same passion for a unmolsted car.
That's when another low mile gn gets lost, either crashed stolen or raced or modded.
The ones that remain would gain Value. Ultimately we own these cars because we love them. As far as the "low mileage " ones go we park our money in them and hope to Recoupe It one day while owning it.

So do what you want Hydroboost brakes whatever, it's your car and do what you want to it. I just don't know if I would do that to a 4k car, or to the past owners who have preserved it so someone could enjoy and have a time capsule. It could only be a low mileage car ONCE

Enjoy

If your really gonna post a legit post...consider he has $15,000. Piss on a TT chip and the regular items. Just instal an XFI and Scanmaster 3. That's $2300. Then add a Billet 6262, 60# inj, regulator, hot wire, PTC Lock up, valve springs, timing chain, PTE SLIC, 3 inch RJC downpipe, ALKY, and a GN1 dual 3 inch cat back.
All body and frame braces, GNX rear seat brace, boxed rear arms, new bushings, TA girdle, Moser axles. Janis Billet 200, and some MT ET 275's.
That will suck up most of the budget and you'll have a killer car, that's pretty reliable.
Oh...charge the AC.

As I wrote...

"TOP THINGS I WOULD DO"....

I have 15k, but not to put in my car.

The car is absolutely perfect!

If you get a 2" hole saw you can feed the cable to the truck mounted battery without having to remove the terminal...:(

rkm18.jpg

Well, I guess no one here likes to put the battery in the trunk. I guess it's just something I've always have done. moving a 55-70lb battery from the front to the rear isn't such a bad thing for many reason, but I won't bring it up again.

Paypal is tbone8267@yahoo.com lol I can tell ya I have put about 10k to 12k in my car in the last 15 months worked over, odd jobs, sold my truck and all to fund this and it seams like I don't have anything maybe in about a month it will all come together.Drive it and enjoy!