Just hooked up Scanmaster: Review my readiings Please

bluehair

help a brother out, this is my first time hooking car to scanmaster and here is what it said....i do have a TT chip also. 50# injectors, walbro fuel pump with hot wire, stock turbo and 2 1/4" crappy flowdisaster exhaust with rust holes in y pipe. All at idle with it about 80 degrees outside

AF = 05
L8 = 34
BAT = 14.0
INT = 128
BL = 138
MPH = 00
CLT = 164
ATS = 107
RPM = 825
TPS = .48
IAC = 29
PL = .05 230
MAL = 00

then it reads 386mv...have no idea what that is?

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
oh and 93 octane 17/18lbs. of boost...

TPS is to high. .42 -.44 is better.
BL should be around 128
386mv is your O2 voltage, It will jump all over the place. Do a few searches. you got some reading to do. Did the read the manual from the scanmaster? If you dont have go to full throttles site and you can get it there.

As long as the tps never flashes to .50 volts you're fine, the high blm's are most likely cause by a vacuum leak, probably old lines or bad vac block gasket.

yuck

im really not looking forward to chasing down vacuum leaks..ive already replaced most lines and done some spring cleaning.

also my TT chip has 15% more fuel in 1st gear, not sure if that plays into anything here or not. i need to do a w.o.t. pass and see what all it says then.

so where do i start? if my iac is good shouldn't i leave alone my tps? ive been told they change one another.:confused:

Personally I would leave the tps as long as you never see it blip to .5 volts. As for the vacuum leaks, they are a lot easier to find as boost leaks using a boost leak tester. There are a lot of threads on this process.

now that i think about it, it wasn't all the way warmed up yet...it was at 164ish, it usually runs 180ish....ill try again tonight.

160 is warmed up as far as the chip is concerned...Should have been in closed loop then. You can tell by the flashing/non-flashing decimal point on the scanmaster display.

so on the way home i got into the boost about 18lbs... and i seen it go up to 699mv and .9 when i got back to house and did a recall on it it said 660 and 2.3 ????

a bit lean with 2.3 degrees of knock retard, i like to see 800's or so but it's been a while since i've tuned on only 93... Lower the boost a bit if you can't add any more fuel or pull a couple degrees of timing, thats a bit high of boost running only 93 octane, if that's what you are running.

Time for an alky kit or some race gas... COuld even do a mix of e85 for knock supression. I would see if adding fuel in 3rd/4th helps first though.

i did add fuel, i added 10% across the board full throttle and it ran like crap...didn't pull hard at all. so it doesn't like it very much :mad:

sucks....

so i need to start replacing vacuum lines then. does anyone have an idea or link to what size of hoses i need to get and how much to fix most everything, i know i noticed some 7/32, 5/32, etc.... so if i can get my vacuum leak fixed, and my blm back up to around 750ish then it should run alot better no? and maybe less knock since i guess its leaning itself out to make up for the vacuum leak. so first things first...

1. put new vacuum lines on and hunt down leak (Which i already see some cracked and old)
2. maybe fine tune my tps if any at all
3. put some 110 in it

on the way home tonight i seen 3.3 knock at 650mv... not good. maybe i got some sucky 93 gas here lately.
so vacuum leaks really hender performance that much on these cars?...

A vacuum leak will make you run rich, not lean on a boosted car. It becomes a boost leak at WOT. What happens is the maf is reading more air than is actually going into the motor because some of it is leaking out so the car would run richer. Your problem is 18psi is a lot for 93 octane. Fixing the vacuum leaks will help bring your blm closer to 128. The 750 that you want to see is the o2 volts, i would go the cheap route first, I would read up to see how much e85 people are mixing for knock supression and try that after you fix what you need to. Or you could mix xylene (i think) or toulene (i think again) instead.

E85 is not readily available here anywhere... running 18 lbs of boost shouldn't have anything to do with my low 02 readings though? what can i do to get my readings around 750 at idle? i was told i had vacuum leaks was the reason for that? is this not correct? just trying to figure out what im doing so sorry for all the questions....learning as i go.:biggrin: