June 3rd: Build The Track! Motorsports Show @Aloha Tower! Need help & vehicles!

fugly

www.modularfox.com
long time no see and hear...hahahaha
anyways just passing the information along...

Hello all,

On Sunday, June 3rd, 2007 at the Aloha Tower Marketplace from 10 till 4PM, the Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council will be holding the Build The Track! Motorsports Show (tentative name).

This show will be in support of the efforts to build a new raceway facility on Oahu, and will seek to inform and educate the general public about the different types of motorsports that have occured on the island, and our plight.

The list of entertainment events tentatively scheduled are:

RC Drift & Grip Racing
Live Stage Band
Radio/DJ support from Visionary Entertainment
Picture opportunities for the kids to take in real race cars
Informational videos pertaining to the efforts to Build The Track!
Free stickers!
Possible Charity Event

We'll be adding or taking events away as we get closer to the date...we're still early in the planning stages.

Setup time will currently start at 9AM...vehicles will be placed in and around Aloha Tower. We're aiming to show 30 different vehicles (plus 10 as backups for no-shows) related to the motorsports community. We need a cross section of vehicles ranging from drag, drift, dirt, go-kart, motocross, road racing, etc..etc.

If you have or know of anyone who has a RACE vehicle and would like to volunteer to show off your pride and joy, please let me know by either posting or emailing me at webmaster@hawaiitalks.net Vehicles cannot be stock street vehicles. Tuner cars like Drift Cars, Time Attack cars, etc. are allowed. The event will be manned, and we'll have security there as well, so you can rest easy knowing that your ride will be safe.

We'd really appreciate if the motorsports community could get behind this show and really help us to make a presence. It's the only auto show DEDICATED to helping to Build The Track! It will also be free entry...

Thanks to Aloha Tower Marketplace, Visionary Entertainment, and SCCA National for helping out with the sponsorship of this event. If your company would be interested in helping out as sponsors or anything else, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Michael J. Kitchens
Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council

long time no see and hear...hahahaha
anyways just passing the information along...

Hello all,

On Sunday, June 3rd, 2007 at the Aloha Tower Marketplace from 10 till 4PM, the Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council will be holding the Build The Track! Motorsports Show (tentative name).

This show will be in support of the efforts to build a new raceway facility on Oahu, and will seek to inform and educate the general public about the different types of motorsports that have occured on the island, and our plight.

The list of entertainment events tentatively scheduled are:

RC Drift & Grip Racing
Live Stage Band
Radio/DJ support from Visionary Entertainment
Picture opportunities for the kids to take in real race cars
Informational videos pertaining to the efforts to Build The Track!
Free stickers!
Possible Charity Event

We'll be adding or taking events away as we get closer to the date...we're still early in the planning stages.

Setup time will currently start at 9AM...vehicles will be placed in and around Aloha Tower. We're aiming to show 30 different vehicles (plus 10 as backups for no-shows) related to the motorsports community. We need a cross section of vehicles ranging from drag, drift, dirt, go-kart, motocross, road racing, etc..etc.

If you have or know of anyone who has a RACE vehicle and would like to volunteer to show off your pride and joy, please let me know by either posting or emailing me at webmaster@hawaiitalks.net Vehicles cannot be stock street vehicles. Tuner cars like Drift Cars, Time Attack cars, etc. are allowed. The event will be manned, and we'll have security there as well, so you can rest easy knowing that your ride will be safe.

We'd really appreciate if the motorsports community could get behind this show and really help us to make a presence. It's the only auto show DEDICATED to helping to Build The Track! It will also be free entry...

Thanks to Aloha Tower Marketplace, Visionary Entertainment, and SCCA National for helping out with the sponsorship of this event. If your company would be interested in helping out as sponsors or anything else, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Michael J. Kitchens
Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council

This has changed a bit as far as entries go.

see more current info here:

June 3rd: Build The Track! Motorsports Show @Aloha Tower! Need volunteers & vehicles! - Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community!

OMAC Build The Track! Motorsports Show Registration Form! - Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community!

I was asked if I wanted to enter the GN... but it is FAR frome being a show quality car... (pics are decieving... )

Cruise Day/Get together?......:cool:

Who's in?......

Hey Guys,
I know its been awhile since we've all seen a whole bunch of GNs & T-Types all together, and probably the last time we've all been together was the last night that the tracks closed down, although this event is for a good cause, its also a good opportunity to hang out and catch up with eachother again :cool: I'M IN!!!!!!!! hopefully I can get my car running by then :D So come on guys lets see some names here ;)

Talk Story never turn down a chance tooo......if I'm still here of course.....I want em in V formation lol

Sorry for the late reply.

Sounds like a good idea to attend.

When I spoke to Michael Kitchens (Chairman
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council) he said it would be great to get a variety of cars there but there is no GN's that will be attending. I did asked about parking where I think there will be a problem.

So we need to get together and get a bunch of GN/TR's there!

Sorry for the late reply.

Sounds like a good idea to attend.

When I spoke to Michael Kitchens (Chairman
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council) he said it would be great to get a variety of cars there but there is no GN's that will be attending. I did asked about parking where I think there will be a problem.

So we need to get together and get a bunch of GN/TR's there!

He asked me if I wanted to enter mine... I'm still on the fence.... not like I consider mine "show worthy"...

Ahh......Don't be shy add some chrome it will be "show worthy" ;)

Your GN looks pretty dam good to me.....Body looks cherry :cool:

Heck, that would mean I would have to polish it... AGAIN....

Twice in one year? :rolleyes:

Hmmm....

For me, no parking = not going!!.... :D

Doesn't matter where, or for what...

So I'll amend my previous statement:

Meet up at Kewalo park or Keehi Lagoon park, then cruise on over?.... If there's no parking, then we'll keep on going....:cool:

Heck, that would mean I would have to polish it... AGAIN....

Twice in one year? :rolleyes:

Too much polish will take off the clear coat. Save you time and energy and spend it wisely polishing my GN :D

I don't even remember putting a coat of polish on my poor neglected car :(

LMK how many cars and I'll talk to Mike K and see if something can be "arranged"

Too much polish will take off the clear coat. Save you time and energy and spend it wisely polishing my GN :D

I don't even remember putting a coat of polish on my poor neglected car :(

What clear coat? GM Laquer!

Hmmm....

For me, no parking = not going!!.... :D

Doesn't matter where, or for what...

So I'll amend my previous statement:

Meet up at Kewalo park or Keehi Lagoon park, then cruise on over?.... If there's no parking, then we'll keep on going....:cool:
I'm in and got some guys lined up for the cruise/talk story. So,Where? & What time? SO who's in? & Who's folding?