jumping o2 numbers

GNracer2000

Who will I beat today?
I finally got a scanmaster last week to pinpoint some problems I have been having with my GN. One thing that is bothering me is the o2 readings, are the supposed to stay in a certain range rather than jump around. My readings go from 84 to 800 to 472 and all over in between. I just installed a new NGK heated o2 sensor from Caspers and tried a new single wire Bosch. I just don't know what is going on with it. Could it be a wire or a fuse somewhere causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When just cruising around, the computer is in closed loop mode. In closed loop mode the computer is constantly monitoring and adjusting the fuel, which will cause your O2 reading to cycle up and down. It is completely normal.
When you get on the gas hard, the O2 reading should stabilize more in the 700-800 area, since it drops out of true closed loop and adds fuel based on preset tables in the chip, instead of monitoring and adjusting.

Regards,
Eric

While idling or crusing the O2's should bounce around from 0 to 800. If they only go from say 450-550 then you need to be concerned with the O2 sensor.