Jimmy Morrison's TSL car ran 8.79 today in testing

Otto J

We took his car to a track rental today at Lebanon Valley to shake it down with the new only dyno time setup.
Jimmy wanted to run the car on 275-60 drag radials so the launch boost and two step where dropped down a bit.
Car ran 8.79@157 on 29#s of boost.
Short of glass bumpers the car is all there,still has functioning A/C and runs on stock size front tires!!!

Congrats Jimmy, pretty damn impressive on a 275 drag radial first time out.
Bobby at RPE builds a BAD Bullet!!!

Nice job Jimmy, serious car for sure. Too bad we won't be doing the Buick Get Together on Saturday, damn weather. You sure had a good day for a track rental today.

Very nice otto any video of the rental,his car is very impressive, bobby at RPE builds some bad Engines.thanks.

Thank you for all the help Otto. I really appreciate the time you have taken tuning, on the dyne and at the track. No doubt you make it run.
The RPE motor is even more unbelievable this year. You gotta wonder if Bob has a magic wand that he waves around. It's no wonder he doesn't let people in the assembly room.
Otto, sure would like to drag you out to Bowling Green.

Congrats on your new personal best!!! Thats awesome. What's the basic build to this bullet?

jimmy or otto was this on the new engine or the 1 from last year? i know he has 2 engines

That was not my new personal best, it was just nice to get out again for the first time since last November. I took my time making changes to the car and getting it going. My goal was Sept. 1, so I missed by a month. The time made us happy because the track we were at is known to be slow.
The car is a basic TSL build, 4276 turbo, stage 2 block and champion heads. The car weighs just under 3500 lbs with me in it.
That is the same motor as last year James. Bob did a freshen up over the winter. I do have another motor that will go together but we are waiting on parts to be made. I am hoping to have that one for next spring.

Mike, I was asking Cal if you were coming to Bowling Green. It would be great if you could come. Your car is beatiful and fits in perfect.

Jim, thanks for the kind words. It would be nice to run it, but my car does not meet the safety requirements to compete on that level (no cage). Its sole purpose was designed for the street, with the odd rip at the track. So I will continue to live vicariously through you guys getting it done. I wish you all continued success, keep up the good work.

Not only is that car super fast, it's beatiful too. Nice job Jimmy and company.

Congats, good job getting it done. post some time slips. Bowling Green is going to be a lot of fun if we can get enough cars.
Gary Harmon

Congrats on your accomplishments. Can only wish that I run that well.

Allan G.